Redmi 10 2022 sudden Fastboot bootloop device bricked.

mr ash

Members
Jun 21, 2023
Hello all.

I purchased a Redmi 10 2022 for my daughter 6 months a go.
recently when the device has been going onto charge my daughter brought it to me asking for help since it was in fastboot mode.

I used to do a lot of flashing/custom roms/ modding years a go so i know what fastboot is and assumed maybe her phone case caught the volume down key while she tried to turn it on so i just help volume up and power until the phone rebooted and gave it her back. this since happened every day.

well today it wont get out of fastboot mode like before.

of course i removed the case and checked the button for faults first off, here is a few other things i have tried:

- holding volume up and power does reboot the phone however after a few seconds on the miui logo it reboots again into fastboot mode again

- i can get the phone into stock recovery mode (although it takes a very long time for some reason)
once in recovery "miassistant" does not work since my comptuer will not find the device(despite windows acknowledging that i have a device connected). i have tried multiple versions chinese and english and installed every driver possible.

- miflashtool detects the device fine while its in fastboot mode and i can access fastboot commands in cmd

- i have tried adb fastboot reboot which does the same thing as force rebooting with keys

- i have tried flashing stock rom with miflashtool but my bootloader is locked so it says error in locked state

- cant use miunlock since the phone wasnt logged in to any mi account as its for my young daughter.

i have tried booting into recovery and wiping all data but the wipe fails.

(usb debugging is not enabled on the phone, why would it be on a childs device)

my priority was saving my daughters data but that soon became obvious was not going to happen, i was shocked to find out that i couldn't even reflash a stock rom or do a simple factory reset in recovery.

that's pretty much where i am at the moment. anyone have any ideas what went wrong, how to fix it, or if i have any warranty with a device thats not even a year old and has never had any modification to it? its been used by my kid playing roblox with parental controls setup and thats all.. i dont understand how it could of bricked itself like this.

I moved away from the likes of samsung a couple years a go to xiaomi and recommended xiaomi products to my friends.. now i am reconsidering ever purchasing another one of these devices if they can just randomly brick themselves out of nowhere.

my last resort is this forum post although I'm not expecting much from it since i have already seen a few dead posts from people complaining about the same issue with no answers on other devices.

apologies for the last few paragraphs but this situation has me stressed.

Are you sure you are using the MIUI EU Custom ROM ? This is the MIUI EU Custom ROM forum, and if you have the stock ROM, no one here can help you. You can try asking in the Xiaomi Community for assistance, or contact Xiaomi's support service.

Reactions: mr ash
Are you sure you are using the MIUI EU Custom ROM ? This is the MIUI EU Custom ROM forum, and if you have the stock ROM, no one here can help you. You can try asking in the Xiaomi Community for assistance, or contact Xiaomi's support service.
Maybe you are right sorry I bought it direct from xiaomi and I live in the united kingdom so I assumed it would be on an EU ROM
Thanks for the reply!

Well, I have an EU ROM. After the latest update (stable 14.0.7.0 POCO F3) it was fine for about a week and then suddenly I get into the same 10/10 problem as the @mr ash . I have issues with random bootloops (tiny heart attacks) since I'm on the EU ROM, but I could eventually get into fastboot or recovery, but now... It finally discharged and turned off, and I was hoping then after recharging I could turn into fastboot or recovery, but no luck.
I love MIUI, I love Xiaomi.eu even with these bootloops and now I'm frustrated. My phone is rooted, if that matters