[rom][cm12.1] Last Hope Rom - Best Rom Ever? ;)

@bugers
In the Russian language do not work General settings (Основные настройки) of file Explorer
on other languages everything is fine

I suspect you need to wait until CM team fixes this. Probably in next release problem will be solved.

Last edited:
I still have green strip with photos 5 and 6 megapixel taken with the rear camera (I discovered it sending picture directly from whatsapp). When I was trying all the resolution on front camera, I got the "camera can't connect" problem

We don't have 6MP but yes, it's happening for 5MP (I even never used it ;)) - this goes to todo.
I don't experience this front camera problem. Let me know how to reproduce this problem or better send some logs - I'll try to look on it.

Last edited:
WiFi is okay, camera disconnects occasionally (when I strictly use back button to close the app, it seems to help), continuously decreasing RAM is a big issue (when also the keyboard starts reloading during typing, it is really the time for reboot).

Battery life in idle is good.

I will gather some logs some time later, busy season for me nowadays...

Well i been testing the ROM for just 1 day and I dint have any problem just once I couldn't activate WiFi after using the airplane mode...I was going to take a log but then phone rebooted itself...

Reactions: bugers and GeekZJJ
For all people saying if that ROM is better or not than miui just only for being incredible fast deserves this recognition

I've installed this rom and it's working quite good, the only problems I have seen have been with M1cha's ported camera, not working hdr mode, twilight mode and FC on video recording on slow and fast mode. No problems with Wifi until now.
I prefer it over MIUI, but the sound volume on CM is weak. On MIUI 7 Dolby is integrated, so I've tried installing Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital Plus, but neither of them gave MIUI7's volume. I've tried deactivating NuPlayer on developer settings too, but it was the same. ¿Anyone knows if there's any mod to have MIUI 7's sound volume and quality on this rom?

I've installed this rom and it's working quite good, the only problems I have seen have been with M1cha's ported camera, not working hdr mode, twilight mode and FC on video recording on slow and fast mode. No problems with Wifi until now.
I prefer it over MIUI, but the sound volume on CM is weak. On MIUI 7 Dolby is integrated, so I've tried installing Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital Plus, but neither of them gave MIUI7's volume. I've tried deactivating NuPlayer on developer settings too, but it was the same. ¿Anyone knows if there's any mod to have MIUI 7's sound volume and quality on this rom?
You could try flashing a custom sound driver like Viper4Android.
Always had great results with this one on CM. ;)

I wouldnt recommend Viper4Android. Indeed it enhances the loundness and works as a good equalizer. But the former leads in major parts to high parasitic noises at low volumes or at parts dominated by vocals.

Great ROM thanks for developers Thank you thank you for your work. The following is my time to play some pictures only. Thank you very much!
7c3070232386632abe86cf542fe66fc7.jpg

通过我的 MI 2S 上的 Tapatalk发言

Reactions: bugers
I wouldnt recommend Viper4Android. Indeed it enhances the loundness and works as a good equalizer. But the former leads in major parts to high parasitic noises at low volumes or at parts dominated by vocals.
You have better one?

Never had that issue. Can you give an example?

You have better one?
The previous versions i`ve always used Dolby Atmos without any problems but i didnt try it with RC4 or RC5 until im quite busy at the moment so that i dont use my phone very often to listen to music.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/mod-dolby-atmos-t3109446

Never had that issue. Can you give an example?
I can't give you an audio example, but its like listening music from vinyl. A slight scratching in the background which disappears when Viper4Android is uninstalled or inactive. And like i said its not the problem when you listen to rich and loud music but especially at silent vocals or audiobooks its getting really annoying.
Maybe it depends also on the headphones you use. If you use cheap headphones for 10€ or 20€ probably the sound is crap at all, so it wouldn't make that difference if there is a background noise or not.

EDIT: By the way i've mentioned this issue not only with my Mi2S, also with an Mi2A, a Samsung Galaxy S and a Mi4 LTE. But like i said, maybe it depends also on your headphones and your noise sensibility

Last edited:
Hi! I just installed the RC5, and until now, it's seems OK. No wifi or camera issue. One question: isn't it possible to turn the flashlight on, on the lock screen with the home button? I can't find any settings / options for this.

We don't have 6MP but yes, it's happening for 5MP (I even never used it ;)) - this goes to todo.
I don't experience this front camera problem. Let me know how to reproduce this problem or better send some logs - I'll try to look on it.
I have 6MP camera on my mi2 camera options. Still got camera can't connect, I am sending you a log in pm

The previous versions i`ve always used Dolby Atmos without any problems but i didnt try it with RC4 or RC5 until im quite busy at the moment so that i dont use my phone very often to listen to music.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/mod-dolby-atmos-t3109446
EDIT: By the way i've mentioned this issue not only with my Mi2S, also with an Mi2A, a Samsung Galaxy S and a Mi4 LTE. But like i said, maybe it depends also on your headphones and your noise sensibility

I can hear the same noise at low volumes with regular headphones and Dolby atmos on. Maybe because of the equalizer I chose. I haven't flashed anything else (viper or others)

I can hear the same noise at low volumes with regular headphones and Dolby atmos on. Maybe because of the equalizer I chose. I haven't flashed anything else (viper or others)
I have to agree, I had these "issues" even on MIUI. I think this humming is because of poor capabilities of Mi2s sound chip, because when I use bluetooth audio I don't hear this. (bluetooth doesn't use devices DAC) Maybe this could be improved by installing some of Sony sound enchancement software, but I'm not sure about that.

Reactions: gonewild