[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Thank you guys! Didn't realize i can uninstall these with external app. Thought since sMIUI "aims to be as customizable as possible" it would be no problem to make instalation of all MIUI apps optional. I'm sure you would prefer not to install something rather then uninstall it after flash :)
Im sure its fixed in 5.1.16 which is released tomorrow!

You´re right . But I think having an AROMA menu with 50 options the wrong way! That wouldnt be smart/easy/user-friendly anymore...

A ROM can never fit the needs of all its users and I am putting the most used functions to AROMA so users can choose. But I cannot make the whole thing optional.
Next version will contain option to remove the Stock Browser. When there are enough users asking for another option I will think about adding it.
if you want to delete a system app you can use a root browser for delete the file .apk of the app you want delete on /system/apps
Actually if you do like me, and use freezing instead of uninstalling by link2sd, all the frozen apps will stay frozen after ROM flashing. I only uninstall browser.apk since I use chrome, and when browser is frozen it give 3-4 ties a day a message as "browser is not responding" even though it is frozen. thus I uninstall browser after each ROM update. But other than that if you are using link2sd, frozen apps are staying as frozen after dirty flash of a ROM ;)

For exapmle I don't like system launcher since I'm used to Nova Launcher. Thus, I've frozen system launcher.apk and now after each ROM update it stays frozen and I can use Nova Launcher from start without ANY issues :)

Good idea, I keep uninstalling b several apps... Freezing might be better. Except for space.
It is not much a problem if you use dual system as I do. system1-sMIUI is my daily driver, but I also have system2-sMIUI(from previous versions that don't have ANY problems; since sometimes xiaomi ROMs can have problems like mms.apk this week). In system-2 I only store informations that are very important but system1 is for everything else. Thus I don't have as space issues as the ones using both systems with apps installed. And the overall space "in the extrem case provided in screenshots" that the frozen apps are taking is less than 100MB (approximately 95MB) ;) but you can save a hell of a battery juice, increse ui smoothness and multitasking without these programs running in background

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-16-00-55-15.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-16-00-55-15.png
    210.1 KB · Views: 317
  • Screenshot_2015-01-16-00-55-26.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-16-00-55-26.png
    198 KB · Views: 320
  • Screenshot_2015-01-16-00-55-32.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-16-00-55-32.png
    223.7 KB · Views: 313
  • Screenshot_2015-01-16-00-55-42.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-16-00-55-42.png
    207.6 KB · Views: 298
  • Screenshot_2015-01-16-00-55-49.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-16-00-55-49.png
    200.7 KB · Views: 304
  • Screenshot_2015-01-16-00-55-55.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-16-00-55-55.png
    211.6 KB · Views: 333
I have almost the same setup as you. System one is my fall back... Mostly it's one app: WhatsApp...oh and Telegram.
Second system is with all the rest... Daily use.
What version do you have as fall back? I used(d) Dec 5, 2014 but I would like to know yours?

5.1.3 is also stable yes. And you pointed me to Greenify also... you talked about it... seemed interesting. Thnx for the advice.

Quick Tip!
Btw... anyone seen FX Filemanager? First impression from this morning:I love it and finally! a view of how big/mb a folder is (instead of only sorting to find out)... Graphics of usage.
Build in image viewer and doesn't choke on my 5000+ image folder. I'm impressed.

I know Mixplorer is included in the rom... (also nice btw) but I just love the UI in FXFM...

(edit 1: I have such an good overview in the icon view now, so many files that can be deleted.., time for spring cleaning I guess.)
(edit 2: *Gasp!* it even finds duplicates and all)

Last edited:
Can I freeze the build in FileManager? Or is it too much of an system app?
NVRM: I would loos the build in Cleaner...

(I could use CM Cleaner, but that would be swapping one for the other, doesn't really make sense.)

sMiUI 5.1.16 is online and ready to download.

Mms Bug is fixed and i think xiaomi removed the OHO mode for mi2s.
Great thank you. Will you build a version based on official miui this week?

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Google play bug.
Cleared cached, dalvik but problem persist.

Google play bug.
Cleared cached, dalvik but problem persist.

clear cache and "end/stop" this app on miui (see image).

now for me is ok!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-16-15-02-49.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-16-15-02-49.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 319
[quote="jack4ya, post: 237095, member: 75859]
Quick Tip!
Btw... anyone seen FX Filemanager? First impression from this morning:I love it and finally! a view of how big/mb a folder is (instead of only sorting to find out)... Graphics of usage.
Build in image viewer and doesn't choke on my 5000+ image folder. I'm impressed.

I know Mixplorer is included in the rom... (also nice btw) but I just love the UI in FXFM...

(edit 1: I have such an good overview in the icon view now, so many files that can be deleted.., time for spring cleaning I guess.)
(edit 2: *Gasp!* it even finds duplicates and all)[/quote]

The best explorer IS Xplore, no doubts about it (I think!!)
The GUI is not Material, but that can only be a plus for an app that is so important and should be functional and not pretty.
It edits archives with an ease, directly, so you don't have to unpack/repack. It gives all the info you'd ever need plus more :) and it has many extras, the best -- it's free :)
Btw, this manager has "walked" a long way from SymbianOS.. ;)

Reactions: mehdoux
Can I freeze the build in FileManager? Or is it too much of an system app?
NVRM: I would loos the build in Cleaner...

(I could use CM Cleaner, but that would be swapping one for the other, doesn't really make sense.)
Of course you can freeze it. But beware. For example if you would freeze theme app you will not be able to choose a ringtone in settings ;) some apps are related to other apps. Note that when freezing an app.
Built-in cleaner is not related to file manager app. As you can see I've frozen both cleaner and security app since they are open all the time in background.

Is it possible to reduce the size of the 12!? button on xperia keyboard? It's too big and makes this useful keyboard quite difficult to use!