Invalid The device does not see the SIM card on the Xiaomi EU firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I am trying to resolve issues with POCO X6 5G Global, with TWRP 3.7.1_12-Nebrassy and it does not list a partition called "modem". So I'm using fastboot method instead.

Despite trying several modem.img files mentioned in this thread, I get either no connection at all or limited to 3G/HSPA+. How is this possible, stock global ROM works fine with 5G, I re-installed it to test.
I finally got it working after spending a few hours. Seems the solution was to extract the file from the stock firmware, ex. from here: https://miuirom.org/load?o=poco-x6-5g&v=14.0.6.0.TNRMIXM&l=en&t=Fastboot except the file was not called modem.img, but non-hlos.bin and after running the fastboot command
fastboot flash modem_a non-hlos.bin
fastboot reboot

The phone finally started to connect to 4G/LTE & 5G networks :emoji_innocent:

What I find surprising is, xiaomi.eu is a custom ROM, so why couldn't this non-hlos.bin modem file from global firmware be included in the download instead of the useless (no reception) CN version?

Btw, I really appreciate all the hard work xiaomi.eu developers are doing, distributing high quality custom ROMs for free, to a point where it can be as easy as "Unlock bootloader, install the ROM and enjoy (with minor bugs)". But spending hours and hours trying to tackle this "no reception or only 3G reception" issue reminded me about how tinkering with custom Android ROMs or Linux installs can really be: for hobbyists or enthusiasts ;)

Reactions: gogocar62
Are you getting 4G, LTE or 5G icons st the top of your screen?. For example on my device only gets H+ and 3G.
Yeah I've seen LTE, 4G, and 5G icons now. I'm in Australia.

What I find surprising is, xiaomi.eu is a custom ROM, so why couldn't this non-hlos.bin modem file from global firmware be included in the download instead of the useless (no reception) CN version?

Btw, I really appreciate all the hard work xiaomi.eu developers are doing, distributing high quality custom ROMs for free, to a point where it can be as easy as "Unlock bootloader, install the ROM and enjoy (with minor bugs)". But spending hours and hours trying to tackle this "no reception or only 3G reception" issue reminded me about how tinkering with custom Android ROMs or Linux installs can really be: for hobbyists or enthusiasts ;)
I am not part of the Xiaomi.eu team, but a few reasons I have in mind :
- your ROM is meant for 2 different devices, so the behaviour can differ between them
- they only have a few devices to test (so they don't know about issues before hand, and it can be difficult to solve them without the device in hand)
- this issue have only appeared recently on some devices (and the solution is not even always the same)

After flashing the modem from Global / EEA MIUI 14 Stock Rom, the simcard and mobile internet (5G) is working at the Redmi Note 13 Pro 5G with xiaomi.eu HyperOS 1.0.1.0.
But as soon as i deactivate mobile data and switch it back on or just change to wifi and back to mobile data, mobile internet is not working anymore. Even after a reboot it won't come back.
The only fix i found is, to go to the sim settings, manually set preferred network to 3G, and after a few seconds mobile internet is working again, and i can set it to 5G again.
Anyone experienced the same issue ? Is there a way to fix this ?
EDIT: Solved. That was not a Bug. Problem was induced by a iptables rule which was blocking the kernel, which caused this behaviour.

Last edited:
Did you install a xiaomi.eu custom ROM? Like this one: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...xiaomi.eu/HyperOS-STABLE-RELEASES/HyperOS1.0/

But based on the information in this thread, it seems the solution is to restore the old modem.img (or non-hlos.bin) file from your previous firmware (MIUI) that worked before. So, it's a 3 step process.

1. Obtain the correct latest MIUI firmware for your phone and region. For example here: https://miuirom.org/phones/xiaomi-12t

Firmware must be in fastboot format

2. Extract a file called modem.img or non-hlos.bin from the firmware .tgz file using an archive utility like 7-Zip or WinRAR.

3. Flash it using fastboot using an appropriate command, such as:

or

or

or

then reboot the phone by running

and then see if your network / internet is working again

Good luck!

Okay, I'll start saying thank you a lot for you reply.

Actually I didn't install a custom ROM, and checking through the link I have the correct version for Europe (I just downloaded the update through the normal system updater in the settings, I bought my phone while I was still in Europe), but right now I'm in Japan, maybe is this a problem?

And sorry if I ask again, for the fastboot do I need to perform a backup? Will I lose my data?
I'm not really familiar with these procedures :(

I'll search a tutorial to do the fastboot part.
Thanks in advance again.

I am not part of the Xiaomi.eu team, but a few reasons I have in mind :
- your ROM is meant for 2 different devices, so the behaviour can differ between them
- they only have a few devices to test (so they don't know about issues before hand, and it can be difficult to solve them without the device in hand)
- this issue have only appeared recently on some devices (and the solution is not even always the same)
Redmi Note 13 Pro 5G and POCO X6 5G are virtually identical hardware, the only difference is (AFAIK): 200mp main camera for Redmi and 64mp for POCO, glass back for Redmi, plastic back for POCO, and around 100 euros price difference

Okay, I'll start saying thank you a lot for you reply.

Actually I didn't install a custom ROM, and checking through the link I have the correct version for Europe (I just downloaded the update through the normal system updater in the settings, I bought my phone while I was still in Europe), but right now I'm in Japan, maybe is this a problem?

And sorry if I ask again, for the fastboot do I need to perform a backup? Will I lose my data?
I'm not really familiar with these procedures :(

I'll search a tutorial to do the fastboot part.
Thanks in advance again.
If you are using stock (official) Xiaomi ROM, perhaps you will get more help at: https://c.mi.com/global/forum-sub/317874

To answer your question about fastboot, flashing just the modem file should not result in data loss. But flashing other firmware components could result in factory reset, which will format the storage and whatever is not backed up will be gone.

Redmi Note 13 Pro 5G and POCO X6 5G are virtually identical hardware, the only difference is (AFAIK): 200mp main camera for Redmi and 64mp for POCO, glass back for Redmi, plastic back for POCO, and around 100 euros price difference
My point exactly, phones can have the same (general) hardware, and even the same codename, but have difference in the behaviour of the modem for example.

I finally got it working after spending a few hours. Seems the solution was to extract the file from the stock firmware, ex. from here: https://miuirom.org/load?o=poco-x6-5g&v=14.0.6.0.TNRMIXM&l=en&t=Fastboot except the file was not called modem.img, but non-hlos.bin and after running the fastboot command

The phone finally started to connect to 4G/LTE & 5G networks :emoji_innocent:

Didn't work for me.
I have a brandnew Xiaomi 14 (houji) and it works fine with "eea_global_images_OS1.0.14.0.UNCEUXM_14.0". If i flash Stable or Dev Xiaomi Eu i have no mobile connection (5g>>2g tried all). Flashed both modem.img (from EEAGlobal_OS1.0.14.0.UNCEUXM firmware) and non-hlos.bin (from ea_global_images_OS1.0.14.0.UNCEUXM_14.0) but nothing change... still no carrier (manual search too).
Any suggestion?
I hate to use global or EU rom due to the Google dialer/contacts app. Anyone in case know if is possible to add miui dialer on eea rom?

Didn't work for me.
I have a brandnew Xiaomi 14 (houji) and it works fine with "eea_global_images_OS1.0.14.0.UNCEUXM_14.0". If i flash Stable or Dev Xiaomi Eu i have no mobile connection (5g>>2g tried all). Flashed both modem.img (from EEAGlobal_OS1.0.14.0.UNCEUXM firmware) and non-hlos.bin (from ea_global_images_OS1.0.14.0.UNCEUXM_14.0) but nothing change... still no carrier (manual search too).
Any suggestion?
I hate to use global or EU rom due to the Google dialer/contacts app. Anyone in case know if is possible to add miui dialer on eea rom?
+++ solved +++
Flashing modem firmware (fastboot flash modemfirmware_ab modemfirmware.img) i have solved the problem

Reactions: Milasiva
Maybe xiaomi.eu developers can address this modem file change as a permanent fix in the next release for Redmi Note 13 Pro 5G / POCO X6 5G (ex. xiaomi.eu_multi_GARNET_V14.0.17.0.TNRCNXM_v14-13)

+++ solved +++
Flashing modem firmware (fastboot flash modemfirmware_ab modemfirmware.img) i have solved the problem
Solution already present on forum there:

proposed by @Kacper Skrzypek . I suggest for Houji users to use the script attached in his post.

For next updates, if problem is still present, we can remove the following rows from batch file?

%fastboot% flash modem_ab images\modem.img
%fastboot% flash modemfirmware_ab images\modemfirmware.img

or overwrite .img with working versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.