Redmi Note 8 Pro bricked, who to ask for help?

PhiphyL

Members
May 1, 2024
This seems to be the classic case of a flash gone wrong. Having found a few old posts mentioning some guys on Telegram with some magically powerful Xiaomi accounts, can you recommend me one who would unbrick my phone?

Here are the details of my problem, if it helps. Bought phone on 12.0.2 Global, update tool said it was the most recent firmware. Wanted to update to 12.5 before going into custom ROMs, so I downloaded the global ROM, tried to unlocked the bootloader (but it already said in the settings "Bootloader already unlocked", I'm sure of that), and used the Mi Flash tool. After a successful flash, on restarting the phone I was hit by the recovery mode with a "This MUIU version can't be installed on this device" message. I tried to use the Mi Flash again with the original ROM, only to get "not allowed in locked state" message. It looks like after the successful flash of the disallowed ROM, the bootloader was locked again (probably due to the "clean all and lock" option in Mi Flash which I left as per the instructions).

Device then seems bricked, and the XiaoMiTool V2 did not help. I do have an account linked to the phone, but it doesn't look like this is helping. I am quite tech savvy but I believe I used all the tools at my disposal, to no avail.

If some shady gentleman with magical EDL tools would be kind enough to offer his services so that I could use my phone again somehow, it would be great. Thank you!