Twrp 3.0: Error 7, Failed To Extract Dir From System To /system

Daimroc

Members
Jan 31, 2014
I am trying to install a ROM, fir miui 8.0.1.0 but also the version 6, but always I get the same error, failed to extract dir from system to /system.

I have download the miui v8 for CWM, not for fastboot, and I start TWRP, i select sideload and later, with adb, i use adb sideload x:\myRom.zip

It starts to install but in some point, not always the same, sometimes to 20%, sometimes 28%... I get this error and I can't recover my mobile.

I have try to repair the system fomder, wipe, format to ext4... but any of the tries solve my problem.

How could I install a new rom in my xiaomi mi2s?

Thank so much.

I am trying to install a ROM, fir miui 8.0.1.0 but also the version 6, but always I get the same error, failed to extract dir from system to /system.

I have download the miui v8 for CWM, not for fastboot, and I start TWRP, i select sideload and later, with adb, i use adb sideload x:\myRom.zip

It starts to install but in some point, not always the same, sometimes to 20%, sometimes 28%... I get this error and I can't recover my mobile.

I have try to repair the system fomder, wipe, format to ext4... but any of the tries solve my problem.

How could I install a new rom in my xiaomi mi2s?

Thank so much.
your old rom on old layout or new layout? try to flash via mi flash

Sent from my MI 4 using Tapatalk

Hello.

I have tried to flash with miFlash, with the fastboot version of the rom, but it takes more than 1 hour, the green bar progress reaches the end but still is flashing.

Hello.

I have tried to flash with miFlash, with the fastboot version of the rom, but it takes more than 1 hour, the green bar progress reaches the end but still is flashing.
if you have mode fastboot try to flash manualy via fastboot command, like on flash_all.bat script

I am trying to flash with fastboot with the fastboot application from adb. I am trying this:

fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot flash system system.img

But it takes a lot of time, it shows writing modem but for 51MB that is the size, it takes more than one hour and not finish yet.

I am trying to flash with fastboot with the fastboot application from adb. I am trying this:

fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot flash system system.img

But it takes a lot of time, it shows writing modem but for 51MB that is the size, it takes more than one hour and not finish yet.
try to erase before, fastboot erase modem and than flash, do you think your all partition on emmc its ok? not corrupt?

I have tried with TWRP wipe and format all directories (system, data...), but really I don't know how to check if they are corrupted or not. How could I check it?

I have tried to erase the modem first but the problem is the same, a lot of time for transfer 50MB.

however another files, like fastboot flash sbl1 sbl1.mbn it works.

I have tried to erase the modem first but the problem is the same, a lot of time for transfer 50MB.

however another files, like fastboot flash sbl1 sbl1.mbn it works.
if you skip modem partitions just flash system, data and boot can't start?

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk