Mi A1 Doesnt Accept Pin

Mowgli1947

Members
Feb 17, 2018
Hello,
when I bought last Tuesday a brand-new Xiaomi Mi A1 I enabled the rear fingerprint sensor
and choose a password (PIN) for screen lock.

Then I transferred my apps from Alcatel to Xiaomi Mi A1

After I upgraded the Xiaomi to Android Oreo (8.0) the device had first problems with
my regular PIN but then, after restart, accepted it.

In the late evening I activated the alarm clock , activated flight mode and in the settings
I enabled the screen saver CLOCK.

Next morning the alarm worked but - my regular PIN is no more accepted!
I still had no SIM and no SD card in the device.

So the actual status of the Xiaomi Mi A1 is

Android version : see above
Language of device : German

It is a stand-alone device

After starting the phone again
I got the following messages (In German - translated):

„Enter your PIN to start Android
When I entered my regular PIN I tried and got again and again the message

„Wrong PIN“

followed by the warning
„ATTENTION: SHOULD DO THE NEXT x ATTEMPTS TO UNLOCK THE DEVICE, FAIL, THE DEVICE DATA WILL BE DELETED“

I have to know now if these are messages from regular Android Oreo

and if the phone will then be resetted to the factory settings.

Is there something like a cheat code, workaround or another possibility to resolve the problem?
  • Thank you in advance for assistance

Best regards
    Hans
Xiaomi Google Screenshot 1.jpg

Ok... first are you absolutely sure you are entering the right pin (or password).
There is no way to hack it... the only thing you can do now is to hard reset it and apply all from the beginning...

Wait! Are you sure your PIN? If it is determined to be PIN code, then you do not remember the case of the PIN code, try typing the initial PIN: 1234 or 0000, of course, this is a limited number of times (usually 3), if you are about to reach the wrong Number of restrictions, it is recommended that you do not re-enter, first try to contact your mobile phone carrier, let them help you deal with this problem, if I remember correctly, after the PIN code is wrong, you can enter the PUK code to Unlock the PIN code is locked state, you contact your carrier, is to find the PUK code to unlock the PIN.

If you can, you'd better take a screenshot or use other devices to capture your current cell phone message, so that we can help you analyze!

Mobile phone passcodes[edit]
A mobile phone may be PIN protected. If enabled, the PIN (also called a passcode) for GSM mobile phones can be between four and eight digits[24] and is recorded in the SIM card. If such a PIN is entered incorrectly three times, the SIM card is blocked until a personal unblocking code (PUC or PUK), provided by the service operator, is entered. If the PUC is entered incorrectly ten times, the SIM card is permanently blocked, requiring a new SIM card from the mobile carrier service.[citation needed]

For your reference, see Wikipedia~~~ :P