Invalid 11.0.2.0.PCMCNXM Connection Loss

menancewhite

Members
Feb 1, 2020
I've been having issue with connections for a while since upgrading to MIUI11

I have gotten this issue in multiple different chat apps, and browsers - including nakedbrowser, chrome, discord, etc.
If I have the app already loaded/open but haven't done anything that involves network activity, the phone seems to block all network activity for the app. If I try to do anything network related, the app will try to load it until it times out, after that the phone might randomly lift network access so that it starts working again.

This applies for both network over WiFi and over 4G/LTE

If I CLOSE and re-launch the app, the network access is restored.

Example:
I load up a webpage on browser, spends 4 minutes reading the contents (no network activity) and then click on a link, the browser will be stuck in loading until it times out. Phone still shows that it has connection and the browser still believes that it has connection, but nothing will happen. If I close the browser and then re-launch it and re-enter the new page then the page will load.
Same if I switch to discord, upon switching channel it will be stuck on loading. If I close and re-launch discord it's able to instantly load contents again.

My guess is that that has something to do with overly resource/memory management somehow? Either ways it's really stupid an annoying.

Update:
This seems to have fixed the problem.
Manage Apps > Select App > Battery Saver > No restrictions

I had to do this with every app I had this problem with.