MIUI 12.6 21.6.16/17

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I get someone's build.prop file here for RN8? I'm doing an experiment just comparing my 3GB ram variant

I still get the feeling that my Super wallpaper - Weather - is not reacting correctly to the weather. I have not noticed a difference between day and night, nor has twilight been obvious. Unfortunately the weather in London has been very dull since Thursday. Going into the weather app from the Notifications screen more accurately shows the weather.

Anyone else notice a lack of response to the weather with their super wallpaper?

Reactions: biscoot
I still get the feeling that my Super wallpaper - Weather - is not reacting correctly to the weather. I have not noticed a difference between day and night, nor has twilight been obvious. Unfortunately the weather in London has been very dull since Thursday. Going into the weather app from the Notifications screen more accurately shows the weather.

Anyone else notice a lack of response to the weather with their super wallpaper?
Idea; turn on fake location from developer settings, get a fake gps app and set your location to another city. (Or even set it to another country. For that, with tor (orbot) set your ip to that country.)

you mentioned that you have it installed and then the error occurs
so the downloaded rom-file should be on your device sdcard

in TWRP click on "install"
search for the downloaded rom-file in these folder
  • /sdcard
  • /data/media/
  • /data/media/0
Alternatively you can download it with your PC and then copy it as example to /sdcard/download to your device
Then you have to look with TWRP into the folder /sdcard/download for your rom-file :)

This! If it worked for me, thanks!

Idea; turn on fake location from developer settings, get a fake gps app and set your location to another city. (Or even set it to another country. For that, with tor (orbot) set your ip to that country.)
There is no mock location app listed - only None. And typical English weather - rain every day until next Wednesday! So I shall have to wait until the weather changes. Oh well. :)

21.6.17 new ROM downloaded at rocket speed , everything is working perfectly at the moment .

All smooth and awesome as always.

Thanks a lot Xiaomi.eu

Sent from my Mi9 Pro 5G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Poney70 and biscoot
Hi there, I'm still not able to install TWRP. It doesn't find the partition a but it exists as you can see below. I'm running out of ideas.

PS C:\adb> fastboot oem device-info

(bootloader) Verity mode: true

(bootloader) Device unlocked: true

(bootloader) Device critical unlocked: true

(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: true

OKAY [ 0.008s]

Fastboot getvar current-slotPS

C:\adb> fastboot flash recovery C:\adb\twrp.img

target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes

sending 'recovery' (129351 KB)...

OKAY [ 2.946s]

writing 'recovery'...

FAILED (remote: (recovery_a) No such partition)

finished. total time: 2.953s

PS C:\adb> fastboot getvar current-slot

current-slot: a

Hi there, I'm still not able to install TWRP. It doesn't find the partition a but it exists as you can see below. I'm running out of ideas.
PS C:\adb> fastboot oem device-inf
PS C:\adb> fastboot getvar current-slot

current-slot: a

Do this to start twrp
# fastboot boot twrp.img

Dont do this to start twrp on A/B devices
# fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

Short explanation:

Devices with A/B partition scheme don't have a recovery partition so you cant "flash recovery twrp.img"
You can only boot in recovery mode with "fastboot boot twrp.img"

To permanently flash recovery to A/B devices, you need to unpack both boot.img (A/B) from device
Replace the ramdisk with the one extracted from twrp.img and repack then flash boot.imgs back to device ...

The twrp should be permanent after booting to twrp and flashing the weekly rom-version

Last edited:
Installed this finally... but I am unable to install APKs.... it is not allowing me to install..

Edit: I can install some but not others.... I'm guessing it's just Chinese package installer being Chinese.... guess I'm going back to official MIUI... can't install some apps that are not on the Playstore.

Playstore is now not letting me install Chrome.... great

Edit 2: It seems to be the APKs were corrupted. The Package installer was different and said "Reason: other" and not "parsing failed" like the aosp installer. My bad, it's my fault. The package installer looks. Also Chrome installed after I updated webview

Last edited:
Reactions: jkcbgc
Installed this finally... but I am unable to install APKs.... it is not allowing me to install..

Edit: I can install some but not others.... I'm guessing it's just Chinese package installer being Chinese.... guess I'm going back to official MIUI... can't install some apps that are not on the Playstore.
Same here. I can't install Spotify, Netflix and many others...
Also no WiFi calling and VoLTE options. Is it the same with Stable version and I need to rollback to official?

Sent from my M2102K1G

Last edited:
Reactions: XcutionerX
Also no WiFi calling and VoLTE options. Is it the same with Stable version and I need to rollback to official?

Sent from my M2102K1C using Tapatalk
No idea... didn't try Stable yet

Reactions: jkcbgc
Anyone knows which versions of EU ROMS support all Play Store applications and WiFi calling? Should I rollback to other BETA, STABLE or OFFICIAL ROM?

EDIT:
Spotify and Netflix work. I was confused by some older versions on my list.

But still no WiFi calling

Last edited:

Playstore is now not letting me install Chrome.... great

Sent from my M2102K1C using Tapatalk
Using Xiaomi.eu A11 weeklies for 6-7 months on Mi 9T, never had any problem to install apps from Google Play.
Using Chrome, Netflix, etc

To install Chrome you probably first need to install/update com.google.android. trichromelibrary:

Then, make sure also to install/update Android System Webview

Attachments

• IMG_20210619_133533.jpg
    IMG_20210619_133533.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20210619_133634.jpg
    IMG_20210619_133634.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Not allowing you to install what exactly?

Reactions: Poney70 and biscoot
Hi to everybody.
ASK to the community in general and not to the team in particular, as I know it has nothing to do with it (they might know ) .
I have already commented on this subject Last week and I do it again. I have an f2 pro, and since a few updates here, I don't know which one, my phone started to overheat (on charging) and charge very slowly, with values much lower than 1000amh, with and without original charger.
I made several downgrades, until it stabilized in version 28/4/21. However, the phone went under warranty (with xiaomi.eu 28/4/21), as it failed to charge completely (also loose the connection to the computer) , it had a problem with the flex contact, as if it was pressed in the charging area, it would signal a charge.
Arrived to charge perfectly.
During charging, there was update by ota, and I let it to do and immediately started to warm up and load very slowly.
Did the Xiaomi (Chinese) team change something in the charging process? I konw there is a hardware issue with this model, on the flex and charging board. Might be some kind of protection???
I put it back on 28/4/21 and apparently it's back to normal.
Any one else with this problem? K30/pro/ultra, or other?
I dont use the original cable because i dont want to use the turbo charge

Best Regards to everybody

Last edited:
Hi to everybody.
ASK to the community in general and not to the team in particular, as I know it has nothing to do with it (they might know ) .
I have already commented on this subject Last week and I do it again. I have an f2 pro, and since a few updates here, I don't know which one, my phone started to overheat (on charging) and charge very slowly, with values much lower than 1000amh, with and without original charger.
I made several downgrades, until it stabilized in version 28/4/21. However, the phone went under warranty (with xiaomi.eu 5/28/21), as it failed to charge completely (also loose the connection to the computer) , it had a problem with the flex contact, as if it was pressed in the charging area, it would signal a charge.
Arrived to charge perfectly.
During charging, there was update by ota, and I let it to do and immediately started to warm up and load very slowly.
Did the Xiaomi (Chinese) team change something in the charging process? I konw there is a hardware issue with this model, on the flex and charging board. Might be some kind of protection???
I put it back on 28/4/21 and apparently it's back to normal.
Any one else with this problem? K30/pro/ultra, or other?
I dont use the original cable because i dont want to use the turbo charge

Best Regards to everybody
Xiaomi indeed changed the way phone charges with the charging ai, but I think this happened in February.
Also, if you want to, you might be able to increase the charging speeds (under your own responsibility), with AccA (needs root). But your phone probably reasonably decreases the charging wattage, since you say it overheats. (Thus, forcing it to charge fast might burn it.) I think the issue is somewhere else. Try to find an app that monitors apps running in the foreground/background (maybe possible with developers options) and check if any app draws a lot of power when your phone starts reaching very high temps.
Does it reach the same temps when charging while having old roms?

Status
Not open for further replies.