New 5ghz Wifi Connection Problem Redmi 5 Plus

Fifek64

Members
Mar 15, 2018
I will describe my problem, maybe you've met with similar or suggest a solution.

I bought a drone, which uses the mobile phone connecting via a 5GHz WiFi network, to view what the drone camera sees,

What was my surprise when I did not find the network produced by the drone in the list of WiFi networks generated by Redmi 5 plus.

I tried all the ways. It does not matter if the phone works on 5GHz or 2.4 GHz, or automatically ... the network can not be seen. My wife also has a Redmi 5 plus, so I checked on the second phone. The effect is identical. No WiFi drone network.

So I found an "old" Redmi Note 2. The phone immediately found the 5 GHz drone network (C-FLY) and connected to this network without any problem. The image from the drone camera is perfect.

After that for checking, I took out both SIM cards I have from my phone. After turning on and turning on the WiFi in Redmi 5 Plus, the drone registered automatically and without unnecessary problems I connected it to the phone.

Question. What impact does the SIM card on the WiFI network ???
Is there any bug on software possible or?
ROM on Redmi 5 Plus is MIUI: 8.3.15 EU,
but my second Redmi 5 Plus with Global not connect with drone WiFi too.

Last edited:
does anyone have Any issues with 5ghz WiFi not working on the redmi 5 plus ? it seems on my device I can connect to my 2.4ghz network, it says connecting then obtaining ip and then connected, but if I try to connect to 5ghz it says connected then just goes back to saved and does not connect, other 5ghz devices on my network are working it's only the redmi 5 plus that's not joining the 5ghz ssid.

I SOLVED IT :)
It is temporary solution but working :)
Enough to switch phone to fly mode,and next manually WiFi on.
Most important is to switch off the SIM card.
After that the phone without problems is connecting with WiFi created by drone.