Adb Mtp Usb Failure On Mi5s - Not Connecting To Device; Only Charging.

GerNav

Members
Sep 12, 2015
Hello i´ve just experience a weird behaviour on mi Mi5s regarding USB conectivity with other devies. Mi5s does not get into MTP mode when connected by USB to other devices such as a computer to transfer data or a DJI Phantom4 Drone.

Device info:
Mi5s
MIUI by Xiaomi.eu 9.1 Stable (9.3.1.0)
Android Version 7.0
Unlocked bootloader
TWRP
Root SuperSu

First of all, please take into account that it was working fine until yesterday and without doing anything in particular, now its not recognizing MTP conection via USB. As soon as i connect the USB cable It just begins charging and the "notification bubble" to select what type of USB connetion should be stablished doesnt appear any more.

I,ve tested different cables: Not solved
Used same cable on different MI5s phone( my wife´s) and it works correctly.
So i know its not the USB port on external devices nor the USB cable.

Of course the device has developer mode activated with USB debugging as well with MTP configuration selected (remember it was working fine till yesterday?)

2 scenarios which im not able to handle right now.

1A. Connecting Mi5S to Macbook using Android File Transfer App... Till yesterday it was simple, just plug and play, the app recognized the phone inmediatedly and i could navigate the phone´s files. Now i just get a "Please connect yourt device using a USB cable to get Started" and on Mi5s it just goes into charging model

1B. I fly a Phantom4 Drone using the MI5s as screen. It has flown hundreds of hours using Mi5s, and yesterday it stopped working as well... i guess its the same issue. As my wife has another Mi5s, i tried to use her´s instead and everything is working absolutelly fine.

What can be happening:
I´ve read a few things on modifying Build.prop and/or presist.sys.usb.config but im not shure if i should proceed that way. i dont know if there is a way to make the device @forget@ or reset a previous configuration selection... Maybe wiping cache or something...

Can you give me some input on what to look in order to regain control of MTP functionality in my Phone?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Cheers from Spain.
Ger.

Many time ago it happened that on my old RN2 the notification where you can change the USB connection type wasn't appearing after plugging in the USB cable.
I solved using this app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.vincze.usbsettings
Maybe you can give it a try.

Thanks @pippolone, i did gave it a try throughout the day (as well as a few other apps) without any success. Thanks for the recommendation :). Still trying to figure out why it stopped working from one moment to another...