Advantages and drawbacks of upgrading to Android Q

omazumba

Members
Aug 9, 2019
Hey guys. First of all thank you to this community for all the support and great work. Hope I can reply.

I have a Mi9 Global and I'm using the stable xiaomi.eu 10.2.16 but I'm curious about Android Q.
As the title says what's your view on advantages and drawbacks of upgrading to the version 9.8.22_v10?
Also, if you recommend it, what's the best way to flash the new rom? Is there any shortcut since I'm already on xiaomi.eu ROM?

Thank you very much.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Slightly off topic, but the first drawback is being drowned in off-putting version numbers.

- Can't it be ROM v10.0.0, MIUI v10.0.0 for android Q?

> You can be on Android 9 with a ROM v10.2.28 and on Android Q with a ROM v9.8.22, wtf...

On topic, Android Q still has a lot of compatibility issues, a lot of apps aren't ready and I would wait the end of September to upgrade

Reactions: omazumba
Slightly off topic, but the first drawback is being drowned in off-putting version numbers.

- Can't it be ROM v10.0.0, MIUI v10.0.0 for android Q?

> You can be on Android 9 with a ROM v10.2.28 and on Android Q with a ROM v9.8.22, wtf...

On topic, Android Q still has a lot of compatibility issues, a lot of apps aren't ready and I would wait the end of September to upgrade
I have the 9.8.22 on my mi9 and it works just fine. Only had problems with 2 apps one which updated recently and now is working fine. Other is Pokémon masters and I can't play it yet. I use it as a daily and it works fine. Every function works as it should.

Answering at your question about que rom version, when we have a rom 9.8.22 for example for mi9 which is android Q, the 9 as nothing to do with the android version but yes with the MIUI year. Like year.month.day

I have the 9.8.22 on my mi9 and it works just fine. Only had problems with 2 apps one which updated recently and now is working fine. Other is Pokémon masters and I can't play it yet. I use it as a daily and it works fine. Every function works as it should.

Answering at your question about que rom version, when we have a rom 9.8.22 for example for mi9 which is android Q, the 9 as nothing to do with the android version but yes with the MIUI year. Like year.month.day

Is 9.8.22 still Android P or Q? I do not want to upgrade to Q but I'm not sure if 9.8.22 is P. If it is, I will update it asap.