After Bootloader Unlock No Fastboot Access Any More

holmaass

Members
Sep 20, 2016
I just unlocked the Mi5s with the Xiaomi unlocking tool and everything went OK - all three entries were checked. But the phone would not re-start from the tool so I manually did it. It works all good, but when I want to enter fastboo again, the screen looks like normal and the device manager shows Android bootloader interface, but in fastboot devices it does not get shown anymore and the unlocking tool also cant find it anymore. I want to put TWRP on the Mi5s to install the weekling ROM, but do not know how to go further from where I am right now.
upload_2016-10-22_13-28-27.png

Any help is highly appreciated.

Seems like it has something to do with the used bootloader drivers within windows. When connecting the phone it starts with some intel drivers and changes them some seconds later to another one. Now I at least have Fastboot access again and could boot into TWRP - but that is only in Chinese. Is there also an English version available?

Update:
All problems solved.

Last edited:
Seems like it has something to do with the used bootloader drivers within windows. When connecting the phone it starts with some intel drivers and changes them some seconds later to another one. Now I at least have Fastboot access again and could boot into TWRP - but that is only in Chinese. Is there also an English version available?

Update:
All problems solved.
Could you discribe all the steps you did one by one?
I am getting it in a few hours and want to put twrp and xiaomi.eu or ******** rom on it right away..
I did apply for unlocking so no problem there..

So... step by step please..

Preamble: I'm not so good in english.

Were you using windows 10? I had a similar problem with an LG h500f. When in fastboot mode the command fastboot device wasn't finding anything. The problem is that windows 10 installs wrong driver for fastboot, and then you can't choose "android ADB interface" as driver (in device manager->update driver, on the device). The solution that works for me is to delete driver, click on detect hardware changes (I'm not sure about the english name of this option) and select my LG as quick as possible, choosing the google usb driver manually. It's incredible, I have really few time to do this, otherwise windows installs wrong driver.
Now the thing that makes me really angry is that I have to repeat it everytime I run my device in fastboot mode!

I also have a nexus 5, it works without any problem.

Reactions: AsadP
Preamble: I'm not so good in english.

Were you using windows 10? I had a similar problem with an LG h500f. When in fastboot mode the command fastboot device wasn't finding anything. The problem is that windows 10 installs wrong driver for fastboot, and then you can't choose "android ADB interface" as driver (in device manager->update driver, on the device). The solution that works for me is to delete driver, click on detect hardware changes (I'm not sure about the english name of this option) and select my LG as quick as possible, choosing the google usb driver manually. It's incredible, I have really few time to do this, otherwise windows installs wrong driver.
Now the thing that makes me really angry is that I have to repeat it everytime I run my device in fastboot mode!

I also have a nexus 5, it works without any problem.

Try using Minimal ADB Drivers, it installs via command line and it works with most Android phones.

Well, it did with my OnePlus One, I've yet to unlock my Mi5S Plus bootloader today hopefully.

Try using Minimal ADB Drivers, it installs via command line and it works with most Android phones.

Well, it did with my OnePlus One, I've yet to unlock my Mi5S Plus bootloader today hopefully.
I use the same driver on windows 7 and I don't have this problem, all phones works perfectly in fastboot mode, I think it is not due to driver.

Any update please? My mi5 has same problem - fastboot cannot get the device!

Go into Device Manager - Right click your Mi5 - > Update Driver, Let me pick from the list -> ADB Device then try fastboot devices

There is no "ADB Device" in the list but only "MTP USB Device" even unselect "Show compatible hardware" :-(

My device no in adb devices at all. When mobile enters FASTBOOT mode, nothing can be found from PC, nothing appears in Device Manager (MI5 and ADB disappear both) just like not connected. Tried dfferent PCs, win10 and win7, same.

Last edited:
There is no "ADB Device" in the list but only "MTP USB Device" even unselect "Show compatible hardware" :-(

My device no in adb devices at all. When mobile enters FASTBOOT mode, nothing can be found from PC, nothing appears in Device Manager (MI5 and ADB disappear both) just like not connected. Tried dfferent PCs, win10 and win7, same.

Uninstall USB driver and then download ADB drivers (Minimal ADB Drivers)