New Android Auto no connection

Capanoglu66

Members
Jul 15, 2021
Hi,
I cannot Connect my Mi 11 Ultra with Android Auto. Before installing Xioami.eu Rom it didn't work, too. Reset Cache didnt work.
If I plug USB in, then my Radio cannot find an Android Auto compatible device. Has Anyone a Idea? Im sorry for my bad english. I hope, you understand my Issue. Tried with lots of usb cable. Not working.

Hi,

I've the same problem. I'm currently running a 12.5.12 Rom.eu (stable rom) and it won't start the android auto. I've tried everything and nothing solves the problem. I think it's a rom issue as I understand in XDA forum.

Last edited:
I've same problem in my 11t and 3008, I've closed dual applications & second line, now USB connection is stable despite this android auto is not working. Xiaomi phones serious problem with android auto

I get the same issue on Mi 11 Ultra China with EU ROM.
Another Mi 11 Lite 5G Global has no issues with original ROM.

I managed to get wireless android auto to work:
- Disable Bluetooth on the phone
- Via setting - apps - manage apps, Uninstall Android Auto for Phone Screens
- Clear data for Android Auto
- Uninstall Android Auto
- Reboot phone
- Update Android Auto via Google Play Store
- Enable Bluetooth and link to car.

Finally SOLVED: Just to let you know, after had tried with 5 different brands, thickness, speeds and length of cables and USB hubs (2.0, 3.1, etc) they didn't work, so, after make different tests with computers, cellular phones, cables and hubs; I realized the problem is not with Android Auto OR the cables, but the USB handshaking speed protocol Xiaomi has on the phone at hardware level!(I'm assuming the IO libraries are similar to several brands because Android provides the mobile operating system, but the HW) so, to solved. I bought the following adapter which convert USB signal into bluetooth signal to avoid the interaction between the phone and the car with Cellular USB port; using the bluetooth instead... And cheers!!! It worked: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005178073258.html

Xiaomi 11T / MIUI 13 and 14 didn't work, now is working great!

Reactions: kcorrea1