New Android Auto wireless connection aborts - network change

ken_deinlimit

Members
Jan 9, 2023
Hello,

I think many of you know the error that on Xiaomi devices wireless Android Auto does not work stably.
As I understand it, it is due to the fact that when changing mobile cells or a failure of mobile reception, the WLAN and BT module is reset briefly.
Thus, the wireless Android Auto connection is briefly interrupted and reconnects immediately afterwards.
I am currently using MIUI 13, is the problem fixed in MIUI 14 or are there other solutions?

Reactions: jeremymcevoy
i had the same issue, with MIUI 14 it works much better, but i dont know if there was a New android auto update between. XM12Pro

Also very interested in knowing whether this bug has been fixed in MIUI 14 or any stable Xiaomi.eu ROM.

Can anyone who is on stock MIUI 14 / the latest stable Xiaomi.eu ROM share their experience? Is this still an issue for you?

Still having disconnection issue with 12SU 14.0.23.1.30 Dev weekly.

Mine happened almost every time when the phone leaves the xiaomi 50w wireless car charger or maybe moves further away from the head unit.

I was guessing the fast charging was interfering AA.

Guess I was wrong.

MUNCH_V14.0.23.2.13.DEV_v14-13 - same story, Android Auto was working on MIUI 13, updated to MIUI 14 and won't connect at all.

i had the same issue, with MIUI 14 it works much better, but i dont know if there was a New android auto update between. XM12Pro
Hi, I have Xiaomi12pro with miui14, but still facing problem with wireless AA (random disconnects). I am using Carsifi adapter. I was thinking about xiaomi.eu rom, but it seems that there is no diference. Carsifi tries to support me to solve problem, but it did not help so far. Did you change something in wifi/bt/permissions?
Thanks for any advice.
BL

I've got a Mi11 running the latest Stable 14 build, wired AA works for me but wireless refuses to work.

AA pops up a notification to tell me to select it on my car, and says wireless is available, but it's not showing up as an option on my car.

Other phones, including iPhones work wirelessly, just my Mi doesn't

I have a MI 11T Pro AA wireless worked fine except on occassions it would disconnect and reconnect. I am now on MIUI 14 Global and Android Auto connects and then disconnects and freezes up. I found by touching the screen it brings Android Auto up again. After reading a few forums I found out by disconnect the phone lock, it now works however do have it diconnecting every now and then.

Many thanks for your response, I will try the latest Android Auto and see how we go. Once again many thanks.

I have the same issue, I can confirm the latest AA stable version (9.0.6.....) solved the issue for me.
However when I updated MiUi version, it came back, and I had to update AA again...

Good morning,

After months of problems with my Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G where the wireless connection with the car's android auto disconnected very often, I found a workaround to temporarily solve the problem.
I can confirm that the problem is with the 3G/4G/5G data network.
In fact, I've forced my smartphone to stay on 3G and not switch from 4G to 3G. It's this change of network that causes a very annoying temporary disconnection. Especially when you have Waze or Google Maps guiding you.
In the smartphone settings, I went to the preferred network type and set it to "3G preferred". Since then, no more problems. Except when my smartphone connects to the home Wi-Fi network and we leave the house.

Hi, according to this thread you have to turn off the option "switch between networks" in WLAN/Network acceleration.

I will try it myself today and see if this works.
EDIT: Yes, it works. No more disconnects!

Last edited: