Android Q Beta 5 for Mi 9

hoanvu1100

Members
Oct 6, 2018
As we known the Android Q Beta 5 is released on 10th, July, is it avaiable on Mi 9 devices? I just look up and found that the downloading page for Mi 9, Mi Mix 3 5G is still like before (since Beta 3)
I really want to have a look on the Beta 5.
Thanks for reading
05c81a04a692e9d75a724b9a5aa8b3d8.jpg

Gửi từ MI 9 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Like to test mi9 Android Q beta 5 also. If someone finds link and file, please respond

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 9 met Tapatalk

Reactions: hoanvu1100
Haven't seen anything yet. Hoping for miui 10 soon. Though this won't be based on Android q.

I'm using Pixel Experience.
If you want to use MIUI ROM, find it on miui.eu

No. I am aware off PE and xiaomi.eu... I mean Android Q beta

PS. I am on Havoc btw atm
Will switch to xiaomi.eu tomorrow.. will leave for holiday and need nice daily driver. So back to first choice

Last edited:
No. I am aware off PE and xiaomi.eu... I mean Android Q beta

The Android Q Beta is only Beta 3. I returned to MIUI right after 1h using it. It has nothing much. Not recommended

Reactions: marcel112
The Android Q Beta is only Beta 3. I returned to MIUI right after 1h using it. It has nothing much. Not recommended

Thanks for that answer. I am curious , but if it's like you said I rush back to Miui after work

Ok I would like to test that one myself but I believe it's only released for pixel phones

Well that's a pity that Mi 9 users can't use the beta :(

Is it possible to flash it using TWRP ?

Yep

Can you tell it step by step?
I would like to test it
I only have seen fastboot method and Miflash.
And beta 3 is the latest for mi9 I believe

Last edited:
Hello, I have tested the android q dp 5 on my mi 9. I don't recommand it because there are lots of bugs, but if you want it, there is the method :

1) download the arm64 or arm64 + gms version if you want the google play services of the android q dp 5 gsi from the official android developers website : https://developer.android.com/preview/gsi-release-notes

2) install if it's not the case the latest xiaomi global build with the xiaomiFlash tool

3) save your phone's data, then do a format data from twrp

4) reboot in recovery mode

5) on your pc, extract the android q gsi zip

6) copy the system.img file on your phone

7) in twrp, flash the system.img file, then reboot system and enjoy the android q dp 5 :)

Hello, I have tested the android q dp 5 on my mi 9. I don't recommand it because there are lots of bugs, but if you want it, there is the method :

1) download the arm64 or arm64 + gms version if you want the google play services of the android q dp 5 gsi from the official android developers website : https://developer.android.com/preview/gsi-release-notes

2) install if it's not the case the latest xiaomi global build with the xiaomiFlash tool

3) save your phone's data, then do a format data from twrp

4) reboot in recovery mode

5) on your pc, extract the android q gsi zip

6) copy the system.img file on your phone

7) in twrp, flash the system.img file, then reboot system and enjoy the android q dp 5 :)
Do i also need : vbmeta.img
Or can I skip this

Hi, you can skip it because the mi 9 hasn't android verified boot, so you just need to flash the system.img
Flashed it.. With format data else it wouldnt boot.
Like others say.... Real clean without any futures build in yet..

No problem so went back to other