App that uses geolocation and google maps does not work on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

Patrice1974

Members
Nov 25, 2019
Hi,

I have recently acquired a Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 and I have noticed that an app that uses geolocation and Google maps does not work (ie as soon as I click on a button to display the phone location on the google map, the app freezes) whereas the same app downloaded to other phones works fine. I have tried various options in the 'Settings' but unfortunately to no avail. Thank you for any suggestion.

Patrice

Hi,

I have recently acquired a Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 and I have noticed that an app that uses geolocation and Google maps does not work (ie as soon as I click on a button to display the phone location on the google map, the app freezes) whereas the same app downloaded to other phones works fine. I have tried various options in the 'Settings' but unfortunately to no avail. Thank you for any suggestion.

Patrice

Which app?

I have discovered that the issue affecting the aforementioned app is in fact unrelated to Google Maps/ Geolocation. I have managed to resolve it so apologies for jumping the gun and pointing the finger at Xiaomi use of Google Maps/ Geolocation.