Apps can't access android/data

KappaK

Members
Jan 18, 2021
Hello, since i installed miui 12.5 apps can't access files in android/data. For example code editor and gfx tool(this app edits PUBG config file to enable 90fps)
Built in explorer can access these files but when i want to open it with code editor it doesn't work.
I believe it's caused by "scoped storage" in android 11
Is there any fix/workaround? I know i can access these files by pc or the built in explorer, but i would like these apps i mentioned to work again.

Hello, since i installed miui 12.5 apps can't access files in android/data. For example code editor and gfx tool(this app edits PUBG config file to enable 90fps)
Built in explorer can access these files but when i want to open it with code editor it doesn't work.
Is there any fix/workaround? I know i can access these files by pc or the built in explorer, but i would like these apps i mentioned to work again.

Yes you are right...scoped storage
To access the files you can use a root file manager to open
"/mnt/pass_through/0/emulated/0/android"

But as for other apps accessing this data... don't know a way with android 11

Hi...

take a look if the apps want to have root access, sometimes they dont ask. Open magisk manager and grant access to them.
or download from playstore "wifi adb" grant root access in magisk manager and you can access all files from PC (wifi)

Last edited: