ARCore and mi8 "your device doesn't support ar"

Darkion

Members
Jun 30, 2018
Greetings
Has anyone been able to run AR apps on Mi8?
I've noticed that its ROMs come with ARCore app which gets updated regularly via play store, but whenever I download an AR app, it shows a popup that the device doesn't support AR. I'm pretty sure it does since it uses same SoC as other flagships.
Is there a fix to this issue

Screenshot_2018-08-03-16-02-53-451_com.miui.home.png

Mine don't show the same message, but "can't connect to AR Core"
AR appz do not work here too
Mi8 miui 10 8.7.26

Envoyé de mon MI 8 en utilisant Tapatalk

It works fine on global miui 9, but not on 10, I also get AR not supported. arnova's patch doesnt help either (worked on gemini)

Official rom works with arcore

Gửi từ MI 8 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

I found solution for this. build.prop contained build fingerprint from mi6 instead of mi8. So look you have to look for ro.build.fingerprint=Xiaomi/sagit/sagit:.... and replace words sagit with dipper.
It works fine now

I found solution for this. build.prop contained build fingerprint from mi6 instead of mi8. So look you have to look for ro.build.fingerprint=Xiaomi/sagit/sagit:.... and replace words sagit with dipper.
It works fine now

Brilliant! This works well. Next time Google should use other methods to detect ar compatibility instead of device names

I need root to access the file, correct? Will rooting break SafetyNet certification?

thanks for build.prob info, have found the wrong lines on the end of build prob.

arcore works now properly.

thanks

what apps are working on mi8?mine build.prob is fine but i cant find any use.on *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* ar doesnt work and miui cam doest have such scene.i have the simple mi8 not exlorer.

okk.measure app working here two.but didn find any working *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*,i try your version.thanks

Dont know why but i downloaded some ar stickers (star wars) and while they work fine after some use they dissapear drom.*no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*.I have to delete all apps regarding arcore,install again .then star wars is there for a moment and then they dissapear again

com.google.vr.apps.ornament_1.2.180326103-180326103_minAPI27(arm64-v8a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk

These are arstickers that I use without any issues with said cam. It includes star wars and stranger things.
I dont have any custom settings as I use it only for stickers for now.