AX3000 MESH Guest network not extending

jayfour

Members
Sep 11, 2022
I have installed a three unit AX3000 mesh system. The main wifi network is transmitted from all three devices without a problem, but the guest network will only transmit from the main device - it is not available from the satellite nodes at all. Is this how the system is supposed to work, or is there a problem? If this is how the system is supposed to work, it is no good to me.

It's not supposed to work like that. I have the same issue. Also I have found other posts from 1 year ago with older Xiaomi routers that have the same bug. So I don't expect that this will be solved.

Yeah, bloody stupid if you ask me - what's the point of only having a guest network on the main device and not the whole network!!!

I have previously owned a Google WiFi mesh system with guest network working across all nodes. Try writing a feedback massage through mi home app. Or if you have service center in your country maybe they can make a bug report.

Thanks - yes, I've set up any number of other mesh networks where the guest network works throughout, but this is my first (and last) Xiaomi mesh system. I've been in touch with their agent in NZ and am waiting for a reply. I'll try your feedback suggestion and post back if I get a reply.

It's a good hardware but software is bad. It is working perfectly stable and fast. But Mi home app is not finished. It's not comparable to the previous MESH system I owned. And that guest network bug is probably on every mesh system from xiaomi. Youtube reviewers are not testing this option and apparently not many people use it, so it's going unnoticed.

I have mesh 4x Xiaomi AX3000, 4 floors in a family house.
I wanted to create a guest network. It is not offered at all in the PC app. In the Android app, yes. I mainly need it on the 3rd floor, but preferably everywhere.
I created it according to the instructions, even the network restart took place. But no guest network was created.
I have been searching the internet for a long time until I came across this forum

Yes, when I created it when my mobile was connected to the main router (it is on the 1st floor in the garage, from it via a giga switch separate Cat6a cables to each floor), it was created. It is important to note that when a mobile is attached to a non-master, it will not be created on the master either. But it can only be seen in the garage (even there the wifi speed is about 60 Mbps, while there and elsewhere in the house on the "normal network" I have around 950 Mbps ) I did not limit its speed anywhere, nor did I find where it can be set. It cannot be seen elsewhere. I have the optics brought to the garage, the main router must be there (and also from there the cables lead to each floor.)

But the guest network in the garage is of no use to me. Does Xiaomi know about this and do something about it? Apparently I'm not alone, see the discussion here.
Some debaters even consider this a reason to return the goods. I'm not a lawyer, but it's something to consider.

I didn't notice that Xiaomi had reacted to it in any way since the beginning of this discussion (about a year and 2 months ago). I also emailed them with a question - no response yet.