Back to stock with bootloader re-lock

every user can have one or more mi accounts and you can flash your phone by signing with this account. you can sign and unessign your phone with an account. the flashed rom will stay on the phone

I'm sure it'll be more clear when I start flashing.
Evertime you flash does a new Mi Account number get created.
If that's the case wouldn't that affect relocking, or is it serial number related.

I would like go back to Stock (Global) and relocking the bootloader, so that I can sell the device (I go back to OnePlus).

Am I right, that I can flash the latest recovery version from here https://mirom.ezbox.idv.tw/en/phone/star/ via TWRP and then relock the bootloader via cmd? Is TWRP also gone with this method?

Or should I use this:

1. First of all, you need to download Mi Flash Tool
2. Then you need to download the fastboot for your device and unzip the file
3. Put your phone into fastboot mode and plug it into your PC
4. Open Mi Flash Tool
5. Click "select" then navigate to your rom files that you have unzip
6. Choose either you want to clean and lock the bootloader or just clean and keep the bootloader. ( Clean and lock bootloader is recommended )
7. Click flash and wait until the flashing is done.
8. Now you're back in stock rom.

Last edited:
Flashing with Mi Flash worked.

I have to say "goodbye" to Xiaomi. I sold my 11 Ultra today. 2 Days ago, I bought a OP 9Pro and I have to say, its the much better phone. The software is not overloaded, haptic is better, and the battery last longer - although its has 500mAh less.

Reactions: tupac19861013
Flashing with Mi Flash worked.

I have to say "goodbye" to Xiaomi. I sold my 11 Ultra today. 2 Days ago, I bought a OP 9Pro and I have to say, its the much better phone. The software is not overloaded, haptic is better, and the battery last longer - although its has 500mAh less.
Good to hear that you have found a safe heaven, I'm trying to sell mine as well. I've got a Pixel 6 Pro and loving it so far. I want to reset my Mi 11 Ultra. Even within EU Rom I wouldn't mind. Whats the best way? Do you happen to have done this before?

Did you use the Settings Factory reset? When you have TWRP and EU Rom installed? Or did you do any reset using the TWRP?

Usually in typical fashion you can still unlock your device if you're flashing stock rom and lock your bootloader in GLOBAL ROM on CHINA SET device using Mi Unlock Tools. It still remember that the devices is bound to your Mi Account that you're registered in the developer option and theoretically you can unlock the device's bootloader back.
I am old in IT, but new to flashing phones and to what will work and what will not.

Can you explain to me which STOCK ROM(with ALL english menus) will fit my Redmi Note 8 CN, besides the Chinese STOCK ROM, if possible at all?

When I bought it, it were modified by Seller and had unlocked bootloader and Global ROM V12.5.2.0.RCOMIXM.

I can't use unlocked bootloader because need my banking apps, and I need Google Play store to install these Apps).

I didn't know it were a chinese model because seller sold it as Global version, so I issued fastboot oem lock from my Linux Mint 20.2 laptop and bootloader locked, factory reset the phone and sent it into bootloop with chinese recovery and chinese error in RED "Version mismatch".

I had local phone shop fix it and they really tried to get Global working with locked bootloader. Everything worked fine until they locked the bootloader - then camera, wifi, sim, sound stopped working. Try again and again and again. Nope doesn't work with locked bootloader.

We then tried the CN STOCK ROM V12.5.2.0.RCOCNXM which later updated OTA to V12.5.5.0.RCOCNXM and both versions drove me crazy with menus that should be english(language choice doing Setup) but were chinese, and I couldn't get Play store to work after being installed, I tried all the installers I could find online. I couldn't add my Google account either.

https://mirom.ezbox.idv.tw/en/phone/ginkgo/

So my question is : Is there any other STOCK ROM, India, Indonesia, EEA, Russia that will work - And have everything working including all Networks and english menus - with locked bootloader?

Right now it has Global with unlocked bootloader.

Thank you in advance

Jan

PS. I have tried to find REAL Global version here and all seem to be modified. I don't like the newer version of the Redmi Note series or the other ones.

@insomniacno1 No ROM matches your criterias. You can only lock bootloader with China ROM on a China device.
Ok thank you for the answer, then that is clear now.

Are there any way to get all menus in English, just setting the language to english doesn't do it alone?

I found Gbox on a friends phone the other day and that seem to solve the Google Play store problem somewhat, though I have not yet tried it on mine, some of my banking apps include digital ID and I am not sure if it will work.