Battery Drain mi 11 Pro

kirk66676

Members
Sep 10, 2021
Hi ,
I need your help for my Mi 11 Pro.
The battery life is very bad, look at my screenshot , only less than 50% left with 2h of screen on. As you can see, Android System drain most of the battery life.
Screenshot_2021-09-10-10-47-00-519_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

I'm using xiaomi.eu rom stable 12.5.12 , screen at 90Hz only FHD
I already did a wipe dalvik/cache partition, 2 times and an other method with 2 special commands on terminal with adb ( method found on the web ).

What do you think about that?
(Apologies for my english , i am french )

Hi ,
The battery life is very bad, look at my screenshot , only less than 50% left with 2h of screen on. As you can see, Android System drain most of the battery life.
View attachment 38732
I already did a wipe dalvik/cache partition, 2 times and an other method with 2 special commands on terminal with adb ( method found on the web ).

Common fear!
let your phone at nap for the night under charger. It will optimize.
Read that:

More informations:

I do NOT use always on display, and i do Not use super wallpapers. I'am using the original theme i've just change font.

After 2 dans without charge (38h37min), about 9% left for only 2h 28min screen on.... My mate 20 pro was mush better
Screenshot_2021-09-10-22-57-38-344_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

The issue is related to idle battery consumption, obviously if you want to improve that you got to disable many thing going on in background and activate Ultra battery saver mode when you idle to maximize SoT

Hi ,
View attachment 38732

Here's the reality it says 26 hours and 22 minutes. That is a full days use. Stop whining.

• Haha
Reactions: LOLO9393
I agree with you a full day of use it's a lot ,and as you can see on my second screenshot it's more than 38h , but for only 2h and a half of screen on. And that the point i want to fix. On other thread i Heard about 6h , 7h , and until 8h of screen on . I am so far away from this

Envoyé de mon M2102K1AC en utilisant Tapatalk

I agree with you a full day of use it's a lot ,and as you can see on my second screenshot it's more than 38h , but for only 2h and a half of screen on. And that the point i want to fix. On other thread i Heard about 6h , 7h , and until 8h of screen on . I am so far away from this

You need to turn on dark mode and stop apps from starting and running in the background. I also reduced the refresh rate to 90. But it's still nothing to complain about.

Hi ,
View attachment 38732

FRENCH
Salut Kirk66676,
je rencontre les mêmes problèmes que toi (Mi11T), es-tu parvenu à trouver une solution ?
Aussi, comment as tu exécuter le wipe dalvik/cache partition ? car il semble que ce ne soit plus possible, je suis rentré en mode recovery, et je n'avais que les factory data de disponible !

ENGLISH
i got same problems (Mi11T), did you finally find solution ?
Then, how did you do a wipe dalvik/cache partition ? i can only find factory data reset in recovery mode.

FRENCH
Salut Kirk66676,
je rencontre les mêmes problèmes que toi (Mi11T), es-tu parvenu à trouver une solution ?
Aussi, comment as tu exécuter le wipe dalvik/cache partition ? car il semble que ce ne soit plus possible, je suis rentré en mode recovery, et je n'avais que les factory data de disponible !

ENGLISH
i got same problems (Mi11T), did you finally find solution ?
Then, how did you do a wipe dalvik/cache partition ? i can only find factory data reset in recovery mode.
Salut !
J'avais installé le recovery TWRP qui propose toujours cette option de wipe.

Salut !
J'avais installé le recovery TWRP qui propose toujours cette option de wipe.
Super merci pour ta réponse. Et alors pour la batterie, t'en es où aujourd'hui avec la part que mange "Système Android" ? Tu as trouvé une solution ?

Non malheureusement c'est toujours pareil et je m'en contente. Espérons que miui13 corrige le problème !

No matter what you got tell battery sucks on this.
You mentioned your Mate 20, which remind me i have a brand new Mate 20x 5G laying around (around 2 days battery) and there is no headache baked in

Thx for helping me

You have a long wait. Still no A12 TWRP, so fastboot versions for a while yet. Fastboot flash is so easy, just download the zip file and extract them on a pc. Connect phone and put in fastboot mode, then just run the update bat file. Wait for reboot.

Not for the moment. I am waiting for a TWRP compatible version .
Has your battery usage improved over time?

I'm struggling to understand - I have screen set to 120hz, full res and I use a coloured background/desktop, no dark mode, I exclude 8 apps from MIUI battery saver and use the AOD (set to sleep after 5 mins of inactivity), all radios switched on, with Wear OS watch connected on bluetooth all the time.

Currently it has been unplugged for 10hrs30, with 2hrs22 screen-on time and it's at 78%.

Has your battery usage improved over time?

I'm struggling to understand - I have screen set to 120hz, full res and I use a coloured background/desktop, no dark mode, I exclude 8 apps from MIUI battery saver and use the AOD (set to sleep after 5 mins of inactivity), all radios switched on, with Wear OS watch connected on bluetooth all the time.

Currently it has been unplugged for 10hrs30, with 2hrs22 screen-on time and it's at 78%.
That's really good. 78% left After 2h screen on.
Hère is my battery stats for today : unplugged since 12h32 , 57% left with only 1h35min screen on.. i'ts still bad for me.
Miui 12.5.20.
Screenshot_2022-02-17-23-59-46-358_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

Yes I have

That's a good news
I'm still on stock chinese ROM 12.5.20 because I've read of several issues/instabilities with Miui13

As soon as I read it is stable and reliable I'm planning to unlock the bootloader and switch to xiaomi.eu 13