Bootloader unlock application.

KingShahar

Members
Aug 25, 2016
Hey guys, how can i know if i need to ask for permission in or to unlock my BL?
When im going to https://en.miui.com/unlock/ and pressing "Unlock now" it automatically directs me to the download page of the unlocking tool
it means that i have permission? if not, where do i ask for permission?

Reactions: X-pert
1st way: Go to developer settings and allow OEM unlock and then scroll to Mi Unlock Status and check if your device is locked. If so, now click on register account and device and log in to your MI account. You need to set Find my device and allow anything, what is asking for. More information you can find here:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/how-to-flash-miui-eu-rom-tutorial.40557/#post-417105
2nd way: Check in fastboot mode if your device is locked. Open CMD as admin, type:
Code:
fastboot devices
Now you can see your device listed. Then type:
Code:
fastboot oem device-info
Your bootloader is locked when summary is Device unlocked: false

After reqeusting for unlocking bootloader you have to wait 360 hours with the device binded to your Mi account.

Unlock Developer Options. Goto to settings->About Phone. Click on MIUI Version seven times to unlock Developer Options. go back to main Settings. Click Additional Settings and look for Developer Options. Click on Mi Unlock Status and sign in with your account. Still have to wait 720 hours after signing up. Check the remaining time with the Mi Unlock tool.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-06-08-15-17-685_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-10-06-08-15-17-685_com.android.settings.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 551
  • Screenshot_2018-10-06-08-20-40-551_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-10-06-08-20-40-551_com.android.settings.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 514
Once you have requested unlock permission, and it is granted, it applies to your account and not only the device for which you have applied. You can then unlock one device every month. The unclear thing is about the waiting time. It appears to be different for different people, but I haven't yet found out why this is. Some people have to wait only 2 or 3 days, others have to wait 15 or even 30 days. The last device I unlocked in January this year was my Mi Note 3, and I recall to have waited 72 hours (3 days). I'll soon see what my waiting time will be for the next device, as a Mi Pad 4 plus is on its way to me. I hope it is not 30 days. But who knows??? Some official clarification from Xiaomi would be great (but of course the .eu forum here is not the right place to ask for it).

Yes, unlocking my Mi Note 3 months ago was only a 3 day wait. But my new Mi 8 wait time was originally 720 hours. When it got down to 460 hours, it reset again to 720 hours again. I didn't log out of my account when this happened. Same thing happened to numerous Mi 8 owners. You can check the miui forum about it.