Bootloader unlock problem

JimPanse

Members
Sep 30, 2016
Hi guys,

Currently I'm into unlocking the bootloader of my redmi note 5 pro/global version.

I've unlocked several xiaomi phones before with the same account without any issues.

With the note 5 pro I'm experiencing some problems while unlocking. I've set up everything as recommended. Bind mi account to phone, trigger oem unlock, mi unlock Status, USB debugging in dev options.

When I now try to unlock with MiUnlock I get either one of these messages:

"unknown error (-1)"
"couldn't unlock"
"couldn't verify device"
"current account cannot unlock this device"

As I said before, I've unlocked several redmi 4x/3s with this mi account without any problems.

Any ideas what I can try to unlock my bootloader?!

Oh and, the device is on miui global stable 10.2.1.0 (OEIMIXM)

Cheers

Gesendet von meinem Redmi 4X mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
You install all driver and ADB, need open usb debugging

Gửi từ Redmi Note 5 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Hi,

Adb installed and working, devices is displayed via "fastboot devices". USB debugging is activated.

Hi,

Adb installed and working, devices is displayed via "fastboot devices". USB debugging is activated.

Hi,
sounds like the Phone is not bound to your account.

When it is already bound, check wheather your account is reacheable from within unlock tool (Firewall, VPN) which was my problem.

CU
Peter

Hi Peter,
thank´s for your reply.

The MiAccount is already bound correctly - i guess. I can look up the phone at "find device" in MiCloud WebApp.
What do you mean by check if the account is reacheable? I can login to the unlock tool with this account without any problems.

I´m on Windows 10 without any firewalls, antivir oder VPN installed. I´ve even tried turning off windows firewall etc. without any success..

I don´t know what i can try anymore to unlock.. :(

Cheers.

Edit: i´ve even tried unlocking while connected to a Vpn (China/Japan/Singapore etc.) - nothing changed.

Last edited: