bootloader unlock questions

May 19, 2020
Hi there,
I want to unlock my bootloader but i have a number of questions first. First of all, when i have to wait for the xx time so that my phone can be unlocked, can i use my phone or it must be turned off for that time? Also, during the unlocking process when it says that i have to erase all user data does that mean all my files as well (photos,music e.t.c) ?
Thanks in advance

Hi there,
I want to unlock my bootloader but i have a number of questions first. First of all, when i have to wait for the xx time so that my phone can be unlocked, can i use my phone or it must be turned off for that time? Also, during the unlocking process when it says that i have to erase all user data does that mean all my files as well (photos,music e.t.c) ?
Thanks in advance

1. Actually, you must keep using your phone normally for the XX amount of time before you can unlock your bootloader,

2. Yes, all data (including photos and music) will be lost, so backup your data before unlocking.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

1. Actually, you must keep using your phone normally for the XX amount of time before you can unlock your bootloader,

2. Yes, all data (including photos and music) will be lost, so backup your data before unlocking.

hi,i have one more question at the moment. Do I have to flash my phone using mi flash tool or can i also use TWRP?

hi,i have one more question at the moment. Do I have to flash my phone using mi flash tool or can i also use TWRP?
You have to install TWRP or other Custom Recovery recommended by the ROM you wish to flash after unlock.

And if you wish to stay on your current ROM, just unlock bootloader and use your phone normally, you don't have to do anything else.

You have to install TWRP or other Custom Recovery recommended by the ROM you wish to flash after unlock.

And if you wish to stay on your current ROM, just unlock bootloader and use your phone normally, you don't have to do anything else.

is there a guide for flashing miui12 ?

on mi8 after succesfully installing twrp i try to go to recovery mode and even while holding the volume up and power button it just restarts my device. I need help asap

on mi8 after succesfully installing twrp i try to go to recovery mode and even while holding the volume up and power button it just restarts my device. I need help asap
Install latest Official TWRP for your device via fastboot then directly hold 'Vol+' and 'Power' buttons until TWRP's boot.
;)