Bootloop on redmi note 4

nasfi

Members
Feb 17, 2023
So I got a Redmi Note 4 from a friend of mine because my old phone broke. He factory reset it and I decided to install the apps I'd need to use. The first thing I did was update the Google Services that YouTube required in order to function, and it threw me on a boot loop. I tried to force restart it, nothing. Eventually it fixed itself. I then tried to install instagram and it happened again, only this time it did not fix itself like it did previously. I thought that I'd flash the ROM using FASTBOOT. Only problem is, once I open FASTBOOT and I plug it into my PC the FASTBOOT mode goes away. So I'm just left with a phone that endlessly restarts. Any solutions to the problem?

Try to use a USB 2.0 port.
My machine had 3.1 and 3.0 USB ports, I tried with an old 2.0 hub in the 3.0 & 3.1 ports and with an older machine that only had 2.0 ports, shortly after the phone is plugged with FASTBOOT it turns off fast boot and tries to boot normally, which results in the usual bootloop I am facing

My machine had 3.1 and 3.0 USB ports, I tried with an old 2.0 hub in the 3.0 & 3.1 ports and with an older machine that only had 2.0 ports, shortly after the phone is plugged with FASTBOOT it turns off fast boot and tries to boot normally, which results in the usual bootloop I am facing
When you attach the phone check the device manager (I assume it's a Windows machine) and check the USB devices - there will be one appearing shortly after attaching the phone. Pick it and delete it with the driver. Go to c.mi.com ROM Downloads section, go to any device (..log in..) and click on the Flashing guide button, left hand side go to fastboot update and grab the latest MiFlash (MIUI ROM Flash Tool), it has all the drivers included. That's the issue if the phone does this with USB2.0 too.

When you attach the phone check the device manager (I assume it's a Windows machine) and check the USB devices - there will be one appearing shortly after attaching the phone. Pick it and delete it with the driver. Go to c.mi.com ROM Downloads section, go to any device (..log in..) and click on the Flashing guide button, left hand side go to fastboot update and grab the latest MiFlash (MIUI ROM Flash Tool), it has all the drivers included. That's the issue if the phone does this with USB2.0 too.
Yes it is a windows machine, I did that and despite the fact that the driver/device has been deleted it still restarts the phone to normal mode after a brief period as soon as I plug it into the PC