Call problems

frcraig

Members
Jun 26, 2018
I posted a message to the Mi Max 3 section earlier outlining what I thought was a problem with Bluetooth, but now I realize the problem exists when in calls on the phone itself. Here is my situation:

I ordered my Mi Max 3 from TradingShenzhen and chose the option to have them install the xiaomi.eu ROM. It arrived with TWRP installed, an unlocked bootloader, and xiaomi.eu MIUI 10 v. 8.7.26 installed. I downloaded the most recent xiaomi.eu MIUI 10 ROM (v. 8.8.23) and flashed it in TWRP.

Everything on the phone is working fine except for a persistent problem with calls. Within about 40 seconds of being in a phone call (whether on the phone or through the car's bluetooth) the party on the other side complains that my voice has suddenly changed to being very "tinny" and "robotic" and that they can't understand me. I hear them fine. At all times my signal strength is excellent. Depending on where in the city I am I may be on LTE or LTE+ with four or five bars but the problem persists.

Does this sound like a firmware issue or did I get a bad phone?

Hi,

Have you tried installing one of the earlyer version. I'm on 8.8.9 and no issues with phone calls.

On the Xiaomi (China) website they say that 8.8.23 enforces "anti-rollback" and that you will brick your phone if you try to downgrade. Before I flash 8.8.9 I want to make sure xiaomi.eu has disabled the anti-rollback feature that went into effect with the China development ROM 8.8.23.

On the Xiaomi (China) website they say that 8.8.23 enforces "anti-rollback" and that you will brick your phone if you try to downgrade. Before I flash 8.8.9 I want to make sure xiaomi.eu has disabled the anti-rollback feature that went into effect with the China development ROM 8.8.23.

Its been discussed here and on xda. Xiaomi.eu remived the anti rollback from their roms. I hope this helps.

I flashed xiaomi.eu 8.8.9 as recommended above and so far the issue with phone calls seems to have gone away. Perhaps there is something wrong with 8.8.23 nitrogen?

Couldn't make any phone calls with 8.8.23 but went back to 8.8.9 and it works. Should I risk 8.8.30? I know it now has anti-rollback.