New Camera app won't save location on photos

Igor97

Members
Sep 26, 2023
I have Xiaomi Poco x3 pro. Last month camera won't save location on photos. I have GPS on and enabled option on camera to save location on photos.

I try but same.
Oh no, I could say that maybe a factory reset would do the trick, but it seems to be a problem with the software itself. Maybe it's better to wait for the next update. Or if you want to try, do a factory reset.

I have Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro, Android 12, MIUI Global 14.0.3, Model M2003J6B2G.
The problem: Camera doesn't save the coordinates of the standpoint of where the photo was taken, but the nearest address of some house, building,...
It doesn't matter that much in a crowded city, but a little bit out in the country, that's totaly wrong.
I made a few tests, and the difference between standpoint-coordinates and the actual saved address was 60-150 meters.
I don't need the address of the nearest building of where I took a photo, I need coordinates of a standpoint of where I took a photo. How to achieve that?
50.jpg

by the way: if "Settings -> Location -> Location services -> Google Location Accuracy" is set to OFF, then the Camera app doesn't save any location.