Can a backup made in MIUI 11 stable China ROM restored in EU ROM after?

Ferfis

Members
Oct 23, 2019
Is it work? I am using the official China stable ROM MIUI 11 but after review and read a lot of good comments, I want to try the EU rom in Mi 9.

it had been unlocked previously because I had changed to global version MIUI 10 but it doesn't have several features included in China ROM, so I install it again and some days ago I upgraded to MIUI 11 China stable ROM.

I have some doubts about installing TWRP and Magisk but... well... I think I need a step-by-step (with screenshots) to be completely sure, but... most of tutorials cover the same, only having questions about swiping data (encrypted or not?), cache, Dalvik and so on.

Well, if restoring the backup works, it will be a lot of time saved.

Great job for this ROM, I am impressive.

Is it work? I am using the official China stable ROM MIUI 11 but after review and read a lot of good comments, I want to try the EU rom in Mi 9.

it had been unlocked previously because I had changed to global version MIUI 10 but it doesn't have several features included in China ROM, so I install it again and some days ago I upgraded to MIUI 11 China stable ROM.

I have some doubts about installing TWRP and Magisk but... well... I think I need a step-by-step (with screenshots) to be completely sure, but... most of tutorials cover the same, only having questions about swiping data (encrypted or not?), cache, Dalvik and so on.

Well, if restoring the backup works, it will be a lot of time saved.

Great job for this ROM, I am impressive.

Yes Local backups absolutely work. In fact they are interchangeable from Stock Stable Miui to beta Miui to the Chinese versions and back and onwards to Xiaomi.EU and other 3rd party versions of Miui. I have been doing exactly this for some time and this local backups save an enormous amount of time setting up and restoring apps.

This is how I do it.
1. Save local backup over to your desktop.
2. Wipe or format if you have to, then and begin installation of Rom
3. Begin setup of Mi Cloud and Google restore.
4. Turn off wifi and data
5. Make small backup of setting so the needed folders are created.
6. Connect to Desktop and copy saved Local backup over to Storage/Miui/Backup folder
7. Restore local backup, reboot phone
8. Go to Google play and stop restore
9. Instead choose update apps.
10. Make sure that apps have correct permissions, this can take a little while, but you still save a lot of time.

That's it

Some apps may not work, for those apps, just uninstall and reinstall.
You might as well wait until the next update comes out tomorrow or Friday.

Enjoy

Reactions: bogec and Ferfis
Great! Sounds terrific, I will consider your notes

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Did exactly all the above and worked like a charm. Went from stock Chinese Miui 10 ROM to eu 11 ROM and all was good.

Did exactly all the above and worked like a charm. Went from stock Chinese Miui 10 ROM to eu 11 ROM and all was good.
I did it, but several apps didn't start I had to uninstall and install them again and it works without problems. I guess these apps needs some other components that the backup did not include, but it was not hurt, a couple of hours and I am enjoy the EU ROM version, including MiLan Pro font. I am happy.

I have several comments and bugs, I will try to create the appropriate threads and explanations.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk