Can't Install Twrp On Redmi Note 4

keedeevee

Members
May 13, 2017
Hi all

I have a Redmi Note 4 with unlocked bootloader. I have tried all sorts of drivers. The default google adb drivers, the redmi note 4 drivers etc.

He detects my phone in fastboot, but gives error FAILED (remote: dtb not found).

Afterwards I can't boot into recovery mode.

Please help.

Attachments

• IMG_20170513_184828.jpg
    IMG_20170513_184828.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,724
  • IMG_20170513_184842.jpg
    IMG_20170513_184842.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,539
  • Naamloos.jpg
    Naamloos.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,714
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

Unplug the usb cable and start the device into recovery mode by :
Press and hold Volume UP + Power on button.Wait some seconds. The device will now start into recovery.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én Redmi Note 4 eszközömről

Press and hold Volume UP + Power on button.Wait some seconds. The device will now start into recovery.

I tried it an got following. A black screen with usb connection picture and pcsuite.mi.com.

adb not found?
extract adb from zip.
Open folder
hold shift and press right click inside folder.
open terminal here.
then use adb,fastboot etc.

for fastboot turn off the phone.Wait 30 sec then hold power and vol down until you see it.(black screen,android and it says fastboot)

Hi all

I have a Redmi Note 4 with unlocked bootloader. I have tried all sorts of drivers. The default google adb drivers, the redmi note 4 drivers etc.

He detects my phone in fastboot, but gives error FAILED (remote: dtb not found).

Afterwards I can't boot into recovery mode.

Please help.

Your installation went fine as I see. Also you made a mistake trying to boot it. It's fastboot boot recovery TWRP.img .

I tradução this
After ask on miui fórum a admnistrator Tell me this is true
I think all the problems with bootloop , brick , flash twrp , Root , is becsuse this

"Looking for Redmi Note 4X Recovery Mode like screenshot above? Well, don’t need to find any more. Yes, Xiaomi had removed Mi Recovery from being accessed by end users like you and me. I also just found out yesterday. And it keep showing phone with cable and pcsuite.mi.com…"

http://www.jayceooi.com/redmi-note-4x-recovery/

Reactions: jc rey
No, first install:

Then boot:
fastboot boot twrp.img
Hello Pertti Kosunen, you helped me before man, so I hope you can now too. My wife bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X. It came in today. I tried to unlock it but it already is. I flashed latest china dev fastboot rom. Downloaded twrp (mido) and tried to install with fastboot. Installing will go, but booting into twrp not happens. Failed. Do you know why?

Thanks,
Alex

p.s. tried again and now get this message: cannot load twrp
p.p.s. did a factory reset and installed twrp with succes. But now twrp does not install the beta eu rom for HM4X. Error 7
p.p.p.s. yeah right, stupid, wrong rom, must be HMNote4X sorry
p.p.p.p.s now (maybe because of wrong rom) device won't start up anymore. TWRP is still starting up, so I tried to do a factory reset again and formatted data, but I think that was not the best thing to do. It's stuck in Mi logo now. Tried to flash the fastboot rom again, but get an error. Bad, very bad. Any solution?

Last edited:
https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_oneplus_onyx/issues/11
There are countless threads on the same subject... different devices....

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk
What does it mean?
What should I do?

This night I installed the latest china dev fastboot rom again (after extracting the files again it succeeded) and istalled the mido twrp also. But when I restart the RN4X from twrp it will not start up and stays in Mi logo.

But this is the right twrp I think.

How to get it out of this Mi logo?
Just one more install (latest miui eu dev rom multi) and the phone is there......

This morning the RN4X was stille in Mi logo. So, I put it in recovery. Then connected the RN4X to my laptop and now my laptop showed the connection. Now I was able to put the rom on the internal storage. At the installation there was an error in red: E: unmount ........but the installation was completed some how and the RN4X restarted after install. Just wait and see....

Could be related to unofficial unlock method (if it was unlocked by seller). MiFlash dev rom with "clean all and lock" option and use official unlock tool.

Use MiFlash in EDL mode, it should work even if something is wrong in software side.

Reactions: Alexiaomi
Could be related to unofficial unlock method (if it was unlocked by seller). MiFlash dev rom with "clean all and lock" option and use official unlock tool.

Use MiFlash in EDL mode, it should work even if something is wrong in software side.
Thank you.
The RN4X came unlocked, you're right.
So, install fastboot rom (latest china dev) rom with MiFlash in EDL mode should fix it?

RNX4 in fastboot mode
Connect to laptop
Command: fastboot oem edl >
C:\RN4X>fastboot oem edl
FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.014s

advice?

Hello, i think flashing in edl mode is not needed. I flashed again with normal fastboot mode, but this time on "clean all and lock". This did it. I had to combine the RN4X with my Mi account before unlocking. Mi unlock app gives message i have to wait 72 hours. So, in 3 days i can unlock and install twrp and flash the wanted rom.

Thanks again for your help. "clean all and lock" was the solution. Learned again.

Mi6 is coming in this week, so i know what to take care off and what to do.

Have a nice weekend,
Alex

Reactions: iamme729
Great job ...

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk
Yet another question;

Do i have to wait 72 hours for official unlock with Mi Unlock app or can i just now unlock the device with "fastboot oem unlock-go"?
Or is that no good?

They must find out, that it worked with v1.1 without waiting. I unlocked my wifes phone last month without waiting :)

Odoslané z Redmi Note 3 pomocou Tapatalku

Reactions: Alexiaomi