Can't unlock bootloader on 12SU even with OEM unlock & USB debugging on

gooeyman

Members
Jan 31, 2023
AS per screenshot. I rebooted to FASTBOOT (logo shown on phone, albeit a bit dim), and connected to PC, but the unlock button is still greyed out. USB debugging definitely works because I can see it under adb devices.

I'm on miui 14.0.12 CHINA ROM stock currently. Please help!

1683626819776.png

AS per screenshot. I rebooted to FASTBOOT (logo shown on phone, albeit a bit dim), and connected to PC, but the unlock button is still greyed out. USB debugging definitely works because I can see it under adb devices.

View attachment 47595
You're supposed to boot to bootloader mode !

It says so on the screen itself !!!

--
Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra (star)

It is not so. If ADB sees the device, it doesn't mean it sees fastboot too.
Check the "device manager" on the PC to see if the phone is visible after connecting the mobile in fastboot mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can also type the command > fastboot devices < in CMD after connecting the device to the PC in "fastboot mode".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you also install the Xiaomi drivers?

Attachments

• Bez názvu.png
    Bez názvu.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 140
  • Snímek obrazovky 2023-05-09 161333.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2023-05-09 161333.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Reactions: katerpanne
yes the phone is visible in device manager, and it can be seen in fastboot devices.
The link you shared points to Mi Unlock, which is what I followed in my original post. I did try different USB cables & ports - same results.

Try to put the Mi Unlock folder at the root of the disk and/or try another version of Mi Unlock.

now when I click Check, no popup appears.

I also checked devmgmt again, and now it doesn't appear there too.

I checked fastboot devices, and it came back with a NIL response.

What else can I do?

I confirm it gets stuck when trying to install Mi Drivers. I even tried manually installing them via Device Manager but after installing, it still doesn't show as Android Bootloader Interface on Device Manager. In fastboot mode, the mi tool keeps showing "connect device again", meaning it did not detect my phone.

View attachment 47595
same problem to me with 12s miui 13.0.20 china

got it! i did this. started the Mi Unlock software, clicked that wheel in the upper right corner and then clicked on "Click the button to install the drive" after that something happend, software did some action and then my cell connected to pc

Reactions: kcorrea1