[Cepheus] How to upgrade from 10.2.16 Stable to 9.8.22 Weekly?

omazumba

Members
Aug 9, 2019
Hi there.
Is there a way to make this upgrade without loosing my data on my Mi9 (Cepheus)? Could you teach me how?

Thank you very much.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Going from Android 9 to Android 10 requires data formating.

I suggest that you root and make a titanium backup.
Thank you. I'm already rooted. Backing up apps on titanium right now.

Should I just use the guide in the thread with the rom links, as if I'm coming from any other rom?
Once again, thank you for your time.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

I am on the weekly betas on my device, and when I upgraded to Android Q I didn't need to do any data wipe of any form, all I needed was a simple cache/dalvik wipe after the flash, and everything was where I left it. Team.LR's TWRP by the way.

Reactions: omazumba
I am on the weekly betas on my device, and when I upgraded to Android Q I didn't need to do any data wipe of any form, all I needed was a simple cache/dalvik wipe after the flash, and everything was where I left it. Team.LR's TWRP by the way.
maybe its not necessary, but it is recommended.

maybe its not necessary, but it is recommended.
It's not really efficient to have to wipe everything on your phone after each update, as that would be time consuming. I flash BETA's every week without any data wipe, just cache/dalvik and everything works perfectly.

Reactions: Byness
It's not really efficient to have to wipe everything on your phone after each update, as that would be time consuming. I flash BETA's every week without any data wipe, just cache/dalvik and everything works perfectly.
i agree with you, but we talking about an android change, not just another update.