Change Xiaomi account country

DADER

Members
May 27, 2013
Hi
I flashed the rom yesterday for Poco x3 pro and very happy with the performance, although battery life is a bit lower than global stock rom.
My question is why I can't change the country in the xiaomi account in settings? It's locked to China all the time... Is there a way to change it?
Changing region in settings>additional settings > region didn't work out...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-24-10-48-31-159_com.xiaomi.account.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-24-10-48-31-159_com.xiaomi.account.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 812
Last edited:
I think the region in the Mi account is fixed depending on where/how the Mi account was created.

In my case it is Slovakia because I had a Slovakian SIM (or I entered it manually, I don't remember). The region cannot be changed even in the account on the website.

Last edited:
Reactions: DADER
I think the region in the Mi account is fixed depending on where/how the Mi account was created.

In my case it is Slovakia because I had a Slovakian SIM (or I entered it manually, I don't remember). The region cannot be changed even in the account on the website.
The thing is I created my account from Turkey and before flashing xiaomi.eu, it was showing the country as Turkey...
Now it shows and locks only to China...
I wonder if there is a way to contact MI to change it if a local solution is impossible!