Cleanest way to flash the first xiaomi.eu rom

Camomillo

Members
Sep 15, 2018
Hello, since xiaomi.eu roms are based on china versions I'm wondering if it is better to flash the corresponding original chinese rom before installing the xiaomi.eu one? Or the rom from where you start doesn't matter? Thanks

Last edited:
Hello, since xiaomi.eu roms are based on china versions I'm wondering if it is better to flash the corresponding original chinese rom before installing the xiaomi.eu one? Or the rom from where you start doesn't matter? Thanks

Hi which rom version do you have installed, did you unlocked the bootloader or do you have magisk installed?

Hi which rom version do you have installed, did you unlocked the bootloader or do you have magisk installed?
Hello, thanks for the answer.
I'm currently on official global stable, with unlocked bootloader and Magisk installed.

I don't know how to explain, my doubt is more like: is there something that a xiaomi.eu installation does not contain? By flashing an original fastboot rom or a xiaomi.eu rom all the same partitions are updated?
I remember for example that custom roms of my old Huawei P1 did not update the baseband.

EDIT
Hmm ok. Looking at which .img files are inside the xiaomi.eu rom and the original fastboot rom, it seems that all partitions are updated except for the cust.img :)
So the question is just: does it matter the (global or china) cust.img that I have on the phone while installing xiaomi.eu rom?

Last edited:

Wipe all except /system and /vendor then restart to recovery. Use Format Data option then restart to recovery. Connect to PC, put rom zip to sdcard and flash. This is the cleanest way to install rom. xiaomi.eu flashes required firmware, vendor and system.

Also, if the TWRP you're using has a "Persist" partition that can be wiped, NEVER wipe it.