complete beginner with some questions

zazajin

Members
May 18, 2020
Hey guys,

I am a Xiaomi Smartphone user over the last years. Since beginning of last year I use a Mi 8 ( which I plan to use at least for one more year ) . And since then I always used the MIUI Global Stable ROM .

For the first time , I consider to switch to the xiaomi.eu ROM , since I ve heared really good things about it . Especially because of MIUI 12 , which I want to use now and not wait anymore to be honest.

So my biggest concern is this : when I flash the MIUI 12 Beta ROM now on my phone - how it will work with those weekly updates ? I always need to download the newest build and flash it over - right ? Does it always wipe out the whole Phone or do it work like a " normal " update then ?

And another big question : is the Beta ROM of MIUI 12 in its current state " usable " ? Like are the most things working fine ?

Thank you very much for your help !

Hey guys,

I am a Xiaomi Smartphone user over the last years. Since beginning of last year I use a Mi 8 ( which I plan to use at least for one more year ) . And since then I always used the MIUI Global Stable ROM .

For the first time , I consider to switch to the xiaomi.eu ROM , since I ve heared really good things about it . Especially because of MIUI 12 , which I want to use now and not wait anymore to be honest.

So my biggest concern is this : when I flash the MIUI 12 Beta ROM now on my phone - how it will work with those weekly updates ? I always need to download the newest build and flash it over - right ? Does it always wipe out the whole Phone or do it work like a " normal " update then ?

And another big question : is the Beta ROM of MIUI 12 in its current state " usable " ? Like are the most things working fine ?

Thank you very much for your help !

1. You don't HAVE TO flash the weekly updates unless you want to (or there's a problem with the current weekly you're on; that's usually fixed in the next update),

2. You'll have to wipe everything (clean flash) since you're coming from a different ROM (Global), any other updates can, usually, be flashed over the previous (dirty flash) without losing data.

3. Yes, the current BETA MIUI12 is stable enough for daily use but since It's in BETA, one cannot say the next weekly will also be stable. I'll advice you read through the forum before installing a new weekly. If there's a problem, people will talk about it.

Reactions: iamme729