Cons of using Xiaomi.EU?

Gershy13

Members
May 2, 2021
I just got a Mi 11 Ultra with china rom, my options are either stay on the china rom and put up with some of the annoying things (google assistant voice not working, font and text looking a bit weird, etc), or switch to xiaomi.EU.

My question is if there is any big cons to using Xiaomi.EU rom? The biggest one i can think of currently is not having proper updates (having to do them through twrp or fastboot), but that isnt really a problem.

Are there any other things i should know before i unlock my bootloader and make the switch?

Thanks
Gershy13

I just got a Mi 11 Ultra with china rom, my options are either stay on the china rom and put up with some of the annoying things (google assistant voice not working, font and text looking a bit weird, etc), or switch to xiaomi.EU.

My question is if there is any big cons to using Xiaomi.EU rom? The biggest one i can think of currently is not having proper updates (having to do them through twrp or fastboot), but that isnt really a problem.

Are there any other things i should know before i unlock my bootloader and make the switch?

Thanks
Gershy13
There aren't any, as far as I'm concered, but others may have different opinions. However, if you were running only stock roms, the China version has more features in than the EEA, Global, IN or IND roms, but it doesn't offer Google services. The Xiaomi.eu roms are based on the China variant (both the stable and beta/weekly roms) and have those same advanced features the others do not have, but also have Google services added in.

Reactions: Jorge miui.eu Pt
There aren't any, as far as I'm concered, but others may have different opinions. However, if you were running only stock roms, the China version has more features in than the EEA, Global, IN or IND roms, but it doesn't offer Google services. The Xiaomi.eu roms are based on the China variant (both the stable and beta/weekly roms) and have those same advanced features the others do not have, but also have Google services added in.
Okay thanks, so theoretically there is no reason as to why I should not switch to Xiaomi EU ROM?

Also another question, if I request the 7 day bootloader unlock process, does that stop Google pay working? (Until I change the ROM?)

Will the China ROM work with unlocked bootloader and Google pay?

Thanks
Gershy13

Okay thanks, so theoretically there is no reason as to why I should not switch to Xiaomi EU ROM?

Also another question, if I request the 7 day bootloader unlock process, does that stop Google pay working? (Until I change the ROM?)

Will the China ROM work with unlocked bootloader and Google pay?

Thanks
Gershy13
There is no reason that you shouldn't switch and GPay does indeed work with Xiaomi.eu rom. However, since you will have to reformat storage when you switch. If you require any assistance, I will be happy to help you, just private message me, otherwise make sure to follow the directions here on this site for installing the rom and TWRP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sage222
There is no reason that you shouldn't switch and GPay does indeed work with Xiaomi.eu rom. However, since you will have to reformat storage when you switch. If you require any assistance, I will be happy to help you, just private message me, otherwise follow make sure to follow the directions here on this site for installing the rom and TWRP.

Thanks! Ill start the unlocking process now then...

No real cons, feels like the international version of the phone if the Mi 11 Pro was ever released outside of China.

only cons I see are the OTA being semi automatic and it leaves the zip file in storage would just build up over time if not deleted my bank apps stop working unless I delete the TWRP folder thats left after updating , this is more of an concern if or when I decide to move on to another device and usually pass the phone on to family or friend who are not into the technical part of it

only cons I see are the OTA being semi automatic and it leaves the zip file in storage would just build up over time if not deleted my bank apps stop working unless I delete the TWRP folder thats left after updating , this is more of an concern if or when I decide to move on to another device and usually pass the phone on to family or friend who are not into the technical part of it

but usually when we moved on to a new device, this one will be quite old with not many updates rolled out, so should be fine. and new user can just leave it as it is without updating and we can still check on this device from time to time to help them with the update.
but yes, i understand this cons