Invalid "couldn't access SD card" - error in camera - solved

Xxxyz

Members
Jan 23, 2020
Hi,

Since the last miui update I've been seeing "cannot access SD card" error whenever I open camera app. I can't take photos or record videos, but I can go through camera settings.

I am using Xiaomi mi 9t, and there's no way to insert SD card into this device, or to choose where to save photos.

I've tried clearing temp files and cache for all apps, and reset camera settings. Few first times it worked for a while, for some time I was even able to use camera despite seeing the error, but now the error is still occuring, I can't take photos/videos, and the above solutions don't work anymore.

Do you happen to know how to solve this issue?

Thank you

Reactions: Xtheo156

cpitru

Members
Oct 7, 2019
Try deleting: "internal memory/MIUI/camera" folder.
I had the same problem and it was fixed like this.
I hope it works for you.

Qwwens

Members
Jul 5, 2020
turns out for me worked the following:
you have to go to settings -> passwords & security -> privacy ->special app access -> usage access -> camera -> *make sure you permit usage access*
Thank you! It's working for me! ☺️

Flowerpoweruk

Members
Nov 11, 2020
Unfortunately I cannot see Camera in the special access apps selection
08c25c19052cfe05d9aed798b5b7f1b5.jpg

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

Flowerpoweruk

Members
Nov 11, 2020
Hi, just a quick question, did you turn Dual Apps on?
Yeah I have dual apps on. I figured out what the issue was with the camera app, even though there's at least a couple of gigabytes of free space there apparently needs to be at least 5GB free space. Which is ridiculous

innerTide

Members
Oct 29, 2020
Yeah I have dual apps on. I figured out what the issue was with the camera app, even though there's at least a couple of gigabytes of free space there apparently needs to be at least 5GB free space. Which is ridiculous

I have the same problem when Dual Apps is on. My camera asks me to insert an SD card. But the issue disappears after I turned Dual Apps off. I've reported this bug on this thread. : https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...s-cannot-be-turned-on-at-miui-12-11-12.58368/ Maybe you can try turning it off and the issue may disappear for you as well.

Flowerpoweruk

Members
Nov 11, 2020

Lezone

Members
May 2, 2022
I am having a Redmi 9 Phone and had the same issue then followed the path, Settings > Privacy Protection > Special App Access > Usage access > Camera > enabled "Permit Usage Access". once it made the modification, the issue got fixed but got an alert as in the attached. I am wondering if the alert is common or has any significant impact for my privacy??

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-02-22-35-36-756_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-02-22-35-36-756_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 50

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
I am having a Redmi 9 Phone and had the same issue then followed the path, Settings > Privacy Protection > Special App Access > Usage access > Camera > enabled "Permit Usage Access". once it made the modification, the issue got fixed but got an alert as in the attached. I am wondering if the alert is common or has any significant impact for my privacy??
We don't even have a ROM for Redmi 9, so... wrong forum?

Reactions: drherdman