Crash When Trying To Access "developer Options"

caribdis10

Members
Nov 13, 2016
MI5S Plus with ROM xiaomi.eu 6.12.8. Every time I try to enter in "Settings" --> "Additional settings" --> "Developer options", it crash, and return to Settings menu. All other menu options work fine.
¿Does anybody know the reason?

Last edited:
I think it's due to a translation problem.
Set the phone in English and try again.

If it's crashing again, wipe data from TWRP.

I think it's due to a translation problem.
Set the phone in English and try again.

If it's crashing again, wipe data from TWRP.

No , is not problem of translation and for me working perfectly using other language .

@caribdis10 wipe data , cache dalvik and system and re flash the rom .

Thank you to both. Yes, I use spanish, and I have to say, pippolone, that changing the language to english the problem is, actually, solved. When going back to spanish the problem appears again.
So is a problem with the language. I will try to wipe, to see if it solves the problem.

Thank you to both. Yes, I use spanish, and I have to say, pippolone, that changing the language to english the problem is, actually, solved. When going back to spanish the problem appears again.
So is a problem with the language. I will try to wipe, to see if it solves the problem.

If you not solve your problem, please take a logcat of this fc and make a new thread in bug section with this problem explained + logcat file .

I think that the problem is a string which has not been translated in Spanish, so when the app try to get the string, the string is not found and the app crashes.
IMHO there is no reason to wipe.

No problem mate, I'm glad that it works for you

Enviado desde mi MI 5s mediante Tapatalk

Yes, it works. Thank you very much, Razov.
UPDATE:
Installing that file Launcher and Developer options work, BUT (and it is a big but) there are not sound in the phone. No ring in incoming calls (it vibrates, but no sound), no sound when playing music, no sound in alarms or notifications, no sounds in keyboard, no sounds at all.
I had to reinstall 6.12.8 ROM, and Launcher and Developer options dont work, but al least I have sounds.

UPDATE:
Installing that file Launcher and Developer options work, BUT (and it is a big but) there are not sound in the phone. No ring in incoming calls (it vibrates, but no sound), no sound when playing music, no sound in alarms or notifications, no sounds in keyboard, no sounds at all.
I had to reinstall 6.12.8 ROM, and Launcher and Developer options dont work, but al least I have sounds.
No problems here, the zip only has two apk, launcher and settings, hard to make the sound fail.

Did you try with 6.12.15?

There is no 6.12.15 build for mi5s right?

Enviado desde mi MI 5s mediante Tapatalk