Invalid Default app gallery from miui camera

TriggerHappy

Members
Nov 16, 2021
hi,
I have an issue with my xiaomi 11 lite 5 NE miui global 12.5.5
When I try to take a photo with default system camera and try to open the thumbnail near the click button, the shortcut doesn't open my simple gallery app even if it is set as default in settings -> app -> default apps.
Camera app opens every time the miui gallery.
How can I fix this?
tnx

Not a bug. It's Xiaomi design. The MIUI Camera is designed to open MIUI Gallery and MIUI Video for post-editing features, for example. This will not be changeable.

Thanks for your answer,
I thought it was a bug since my A2Lite asked me to choose an app to open the taken picture.
However, A2Lite was running Android one.
Xiaomi camera is the better one but the gallery lacks many setting options and also applies a post-prod filter without my consent, even though I've turned them off in the camera settings.
Apart from using "simple camera" and "simple gallery" together, do you have any advice on how to avoid this automatic post-prod issue?

Thanks for your answer,
I thought it was a bug since my A2Lite asked me to choose an app to open the taken picture.
However, A2Lite was running Android one.
Xiaomi camera is the better one but the gallery lacks many setting options and also applies a post-prod filter without my consent, even though I've turned them off in the camera settings.
Apart from using "simple camera" and "simple gallery" together, do you have any advice on how to avoid this automatic post-prod issue?
Nope. No idea what this is about, hardly our concern.

Reactions: TriggerHappy