Direct Call On Lockscreen Or With Power Or Volume Button

Xxyen

Members
Jan 3, 2018
Dear All,

I want to enable my Mix 2 to start a phone call to a specific, preset number directly without unlocking the lockscreen first.
Some other phones have the functionality of starting a call just by pressing the power button several times or by pressing a button on the lockscreen. I was searching for a setting and for apps to do so, but was not successful.

So, what I want is to start a phone call to a preset number directly
(1) either by pressing a hardware button (power or volume) in a sequence or long when the screen was off
(2) or by pressing a button on the lockscreen

The existing option on the lockscreen (swiping up, tapping on "Emergency" and typing an emergency number) is too complicated, and even does not work with Germany's emergency number 110.

I would also be happy with any app you can suggest. I could not find any, or I did not get out how to set this up. (I tried button mapper and button remap.)

I am running the EU ROM version 7.12.21

Thank You and Cheers!

(please no "there is no way")

i want to start a call while riding a bike. face unlock is too unhandy. i already tried it.
i really wonder if no one knows any way or an app to remap a hardware key in this way or to put a direct dial button on the lock screen
with the EU rom, my phone is rooted, which opens plenties of possibilities

i want to start a call while riding a bike. face unlock is too unhandy. i already tried it.
i really wonder if no one knows any way or an app to remap a hardware key in this way or to put a direct dial button on the lock screen
with the EU rom, my phone is rooted, which opens plenties of possibilities
Are you using wired headphones or Bluetooth headphones while riding? If you are using Bluetooth headphones, you can set up smart unlock and put a dialer widget.

Sent from my MIX 2 using Tapatalk

I have only wired headphones. With bluetooth, the battery drain is too quick as experienced.