Dolby Vision support?

robbie99us

Members
May 22, 2023
Morning people. I'm about to unlock my bootloader to flash both twrp and xiaomi.eu on my codename 'redwoord' (POCO X5 PRO 5G GLOBAL). My question its about Dolby Vision, doesnt xiaomi.eu support it out of the box? not sure if this is a hardware or software level and I can't find that much information looking on other threads. TIA

All you need to know about the device's audiovisual capabilities is here:

All you need to know about the device's audiovisual capabilities is here:
Oh yeah I understand that out of the box, my device supports Dolby Vision and HDR. My question really is about if unlocking the bootloader/changing to xiaomi.eu doesnt affect the Dolby VIsion capability

Oh yeah I understand that out of the box, my device supports Dolby Vision and HDR. My question really is about if unlocking the bootloader/changing to xiaomi.eu doesnt affect the Dolby VIsion capability
No idea, I don't have the device so maybe someone else can help you.

On my 13 Ultra Dolby Vision seems to be not working anymore, after flashing the weekly ROM.

On original Software I got a short pop up, that Dolby Vision ist active and the picture changed accordingly, after starting YouTube or Netflix. Now it's gone and there seems to be no difference in the picture mode, even if Netflix is showing that it is capable of Dolby Vision. No idea, it looks like the Software is only running in standard picture mode, without using the Dolby Vision capabilities.

Morning people. I'm about to unlock my bootloader to flash both twrp and xiaomi.eu on my codename 'redwoord' (POCO X5 PRO 5G GLOBAL). My question its about Dolby Vision, doesnt xiaomi.eu support it out of the box? not sure if this is a hardware or software level and I can't find that much information looking on other threads. TIA
Can you please help me to unlock my bootloader? I have the same phone but I never receive the verification code. Can you help me with that?

On my 13 Ultra Dolby Vision seems to be not working anymore, after flashing the weekly ROM.

On original Software I got a short pop up, that Dolby Vision ist active and the picture changed accordingly, after starting YouTube or Netflix. Now it's gone and there seems to be no difference in the picture mode, even if Netflix is showing that it is capable of Dolby Vision. No idea, it looks like the Software is only running in standard picture mode, without using the Dolby Vision capabilities.
Have you checked if Dolby clips recorded by you are played properly on a modern TV (Dolby Vision capable)?