Enable iSIM / eSIM on Xiaomi 14 / Pro?

iMakeSoftware

Members
Dec 21, 2023
The Xiaomi 14 has the Snapdragon gen 3 and I can't find anything the mentions a version without iSIM from qualcomm. On the CN ROM, eSIM functionality doesn't work but this would have to be disabled in software/kernel as the hardware doesn't seem to be optional if it's literally built into the chip. Does the Xiaomi.eu ROM fix this?

A chip can be customized according to the customer's needs, in this case the customer is Xiaomi.
There is no indication that the chip on the Chinese models have any kind of iSIM/eSIM in them.

A chip can be customized according to the customer's needs, in this case the customer is Xiaomi.
There is no indication that the chip on the Chinese models have any kind of iSIM/eSIM in them.
I understand that components like eSIMs can be removed but didn't think that the actual chip (where the pins plug in) could be modified for a vendor without it being a new chip and I didn't see any variants on the Qualcomm product summary pdf for the Snapdragon gen 3. Has anyone tried to enable it? Maybe the global rom could be used once released to modify the modem firmware since it seems the Snapdragon x75 modem is the first modem to always be included with the processor according to wikipedia which references Qualcomm documents.

Also there are settings that allow you to add an "Mi SIM" branded service under SIM settings that has all the functionality of an eSIM but the carrier is locked to Xiaomi on CN ROM at least, how is this possible without the hardware existing?

Also there are settings that allow you to add an "Mi SIM" branded service under SIM settings that has all the functionality of an eSIM but the carrier is locked to Xiaomi on CN ROM at least, how is this possible without the hardware existing?

Attachments

• IMG-20231219-WA0021.jpg
    IMG-20231219-WA0021.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 925
You can build many theories on how you feel like blocked features could be enabled, but it stays an empty debate if you are not ready to waste the necessary days of work to try to prove them right.

You can build many theories on how you feel like blocked features could be enabled, but it stays an empty debate if you are not ready to waste the necessary days of work to try to prove them right.
This is why I put it in the questions and answers thread.