Eu rom questions

andreasy

Members
Nov 3, 2019
I'm still on global rom on mi 11 5g. Already disappointed with the device overall, mainly due to miui. Before selling the phone, i was thinking to try the eu rom, but i have the following concerns before trying :

1) since I will install twrp, the bootloader will be violated. Won't this make the device detect root/BL violation and stop secure bank apps from working? And also void waranty?

2) can i get ota eu updates after flashing eu rom or i will have to monitor and download /flash manually?

3) can anyone confirm that the eu rom will fix my top 2 issues? A. Fingerprint instability (having to try several times before it recognises it) B. Back button (having to push it 2-3 times in order to work)

Sent from my M2011K2G using Tapatalk

1) the bootloader unlock is masked by flashing the EU ROM in such a way that the safetynet test is passed and the banking apps work.
The guarantee remains with BL unlock. I myself got a defective device with an open BL replaced during the warranty period.

2) you get OTA updates, but you have to flash the ROM by hand. The TWRP is not yet final due to the dynamic A / B partitions.

3) As far as the FP sensor is concerned, I cannot make a statement, as I have no problems in either the original China ROM or the EU ROM.
Since I use full screen gestures, I cannot make any statements about the navigation buttons either.

Mi 11

I updated to EU ROM last night on Chinese version. Got into plenty of problems but in the end succeeded. Now I am trying to update to latest EU ROM through updater but it isn't working. It won't reboot to recovery if I press ok. Need advise

Pics attached for reference
0c82507ebd72ec712e20be51f1de7f81.jpg
b34decf399d3881ee1cf77d9a7815842.jpg
68b0cd58b700c11a5aa4f567abfa2a77.jpg

Sent from my M2102K1C using Tapatalk

Depending on the TWRP, the updater won't be able to reboot by itself. Just reboot manually to TWRP and install the update.

Reactions: Poney70
I updated to EU ROM last night on Chinese version. Got into plenty of problems but in the end succeeded. Now I am trying to update to latest EU ROM through updater but it isn't working. It won't reboot to recovery if I press ok. Need advise

Pics attached for reference
0c82507ebd72ec712e20be51f1de7f81.jpg
b34decf399d3881ee1cf77d9a7815842.jpg
68b0cd58b700c11a5aa4f567abfa2a77.jpg

Check whether TWRP is installed in your phone. VOL+/power
If not just boot it via fastboot. follow instruction given in the relevant phone topic.

Reactions: Poney70 and JiaiJ
I installed TWRP but can't find zip file in there. I have copied it on main folder which I can view within files on phone but not when in recovery mode. Have I missed something?

1) the bootloader unlock is masked by flashing the EU ROM in such a way that the safetynet test is passed and the banking apps work.
The guarantee remains with BL unlock. I myself got a defective device with an open BL replaced during the warranty period.

2) you get OTA updates, but you have to flash the ROM by hand. The TWRP is not yet final due to the dynamic A / B partitions.

3) As far as the FP sensor is concerned, I cannot make a statement, as I have no problems in either the original China ROM or the EU ROM.
Since I use full screen gestures, I cannot make any statements about the navigation buttons either.

Mi 11
With unlooked bootloader i only have a Problem with the App "Digitales Amt" Form Austria