EXTREME BATTERY DRAIN ON MIUI 14

Ibby93

Members
Feb 2, 2023
Hi All,

Updated to Miui 14 noticing extreme battery drain , went through and set restrictions on m the apps but still terrible compared to Miui 13.

Btw is there a way to downgrade to Miui 13 without a format ?

Hello, I did the update yesterday and I am noticing this as well. To say how heavy the drain is, by charging my phone and using it at the same time, it barely gain any % of battery at all.

It feels the same as my old phone of 6years, while I have this one for barely a year now...

Don't blame the ROM. I have MIUI14 in my Mi 11 Ultra and battery works fine. Doing a format data can help you to fix this problem.

Found the solution a few days ago, don't do anything in approx 4 days it will go back to normal even better, it's about the new mini optimising to the new apps installed on the phone. So it normal and you will see it better in a few days.

I Read a tutorial on oh to force this optimising but couldn't figure it out so just wanted the 4 days.

Reply back and let us know.

Don't blame the ROM. I have MIUI14 in my Mi 11 Ultra and battery works fine. Doing a format data can help you to fix this problem.
Would you say its better compared to miui14? I'm hesitant on upgrading to miui14 on my mi11ultra. Still stuck on miui13

Would you say its better compared to miui14? I'm hesitant on upgrading to miui14 on my mi11ultra. Still stuck on miui13
I haven't found any difference between MIUI13 and MIUI14 about battery working. Both of them work properly.

Sorry to revive a (slightly old) thread, but I'm having this exact same issue on MIUI 14 on a Redmi Note 10. I got this phone about 2 years ago due to it's amazing battery life and now it barely lasts 6 hours when I'm at my desk - much less using it while I'm out!
I've done all the normal stuff: cleared caches, uninstalled any unused apps, rebooted, etc etc but absolutely no joy. This is unbearable.

Any ideas? Thanks so much!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-31-16-51-49-241_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-31-16-51-49-241_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 2,595
Sorry to revive a (slightly old) thread, but I'm having this exact same issue on MIUI 14 on a Redmi Note 10. I got this phone about 2 years ago due to it's amazing battery life and now it barely lasts 6 hours when I'm at my desk - much less using it while I'm out!
I've done all the normal stuff: cleared caches, uninstalled any unused apps, rebooted, etc etc but absolutely no joy. This is unbearable.

Any ideas? Thanks so much!!!
Hello, I fixed that by doing a factory reset on my phone :/

Be sure to save everything you can if you do that !

Reactions: t0rie

Dang. I was leaving that as a last resort. I'm trying to figure out how to save everything and then have to set up everything again! lol

Thanks! I think. :)

Just a note to say I bit the bullet and did a factory reset on my phone finally. After 287 hours*, I've finally re-installed and re-logged into everything again and am pleased to report it's fixed the battery drain. Phone seems to be useable again and working as expected! Thanks for the nudge I needed.

*I might be exaggerating on the amount of time it took to reinstall everything.... :)

Just a note to say I bit the bullet and did a factory reset on my phone finally. After 287 hours*, I've finally re-installed and re-logged into everything again and am pleased to report it's fixed the battery drain. Phone seems to be useable again and working as expected! Thanks for the nudge I needed.

*I might be exaggerating on the amount of time it took to reinstall everything.... :)
Can i ask is your battery drain still consistent till today. Does that one factory reset fixed it permanently. Or does it eventually come back with app install. Tq

Can i ask is your battery drain still consistent till today. Does that one factory reset fixed it permanently. Or does it eventually come back with app install. Tq
Well, it's 10 days later and the battery is working as expected! So, touch wood, it looks like it fixed it. Considering that's the first time I've done a factory reset in the two years I've had the phone, I'm thinking that's pretty good going! :)

Reactions: Doush_504
It's kind of disappointment to me that Xiaomi didn't pay attention to users feedback and didn't try to resolve battery drain in hotfix update. It's just "working as expected". But actually not.

Someone says: "Give it a try. Drain will dissapear after couple of days when all background tasks will finish. It's OPTIMISATION background process". Well, this is b....bad man telling not truth.

Today I'm going to rollback somehow to fix the drain. Hopefully the hardware wasn't damaged cause the phone became extremely hot. I was forced to use "Ultra saving mode".

I heard also that this is may be Android issue with continuous account loggin. But as a user why I should care? Thnks for the great update, I like your devices Xiaomi, but in a short term (couple of next years) I won't suggest anyone to upgrade from factory Miui version of your device. It would be better for your user experience.

Thanks for reading.