Few Questuions About Xiaomi.eu Rom

Geginio

Members
Sep 4, 2016
Hello. I bought xiaomi redmi note 3 pro SD and it came with pre installed xiaomi.eu rom. I am not getting any ota updates in updater app. I dont know if bootloader is unlocked or not. Is there any update on this device model? And if it is where i can download? Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-07-16-17-53_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-07-16-17-53_com.android.settings.png
    136.1 KB · Views: 249
First of all, honestly, it makes you question the Telephone Provider since, no offence, all Official Xiaomi providers sell those with cooked official en.miui.com ROM.

Second of all, Xiaomi.EU ROMs have two type of ROMs: Weekly and Stable. Weekly is based on BETA Roms and receive updates, Stable are the ones who don't receive updates at all. Now, depends on what you want. If you wish to stay on Xiaomi.EU Roms, there are multiple tutorials on how to Root - Install TWRP - Flash Roms etc. If you want the official en.miui.com Rom, there are other tutorials on the official website on how to flash the newest stable rom.

If you decide on one, feel free to reach me over here and I will provide you all the necessary URLs for tutorials which will help you flash your HMNote3Pro.

Kind regards,

Thank you very much for good answer now i know what i wanted to know. And can you tell me where is xiaomi.eu stable roms and beta roms. Thanks.

Thank you very much for good answer now i know what i wanted to know. And can you tell me where is xiaomi.eu stable roms and beta roms. Thanks.

If you look above, near the website logo, you will see a tab called ROM download. Click on that and you will bw redirected to the download and channel log files. Select the one you need, I recommend stable without updates. On the next webpage, search for HM3Note_Pro, download the zipped rom and search for how to install TWRP and flash the rom. Search for my previous posts and you will find your answers.

Kind regards,

And this device came with pre installed xiaomi.eu rom this means bootloader is unlocked?

And this device came with pre installed xiaomi.eu rom this means bootloader is unlocked?

For the Bootloader part follow these steps:
- Enable Developer Mode on your Device - from Developer Mode - Activate USB Debugging
- Connect the Device to the computer and make sure the Device is recognized under Device Manager - should say Redmi 3
- Download minimal ADB driver to be able to access your device from Fastboot mode
- Depends on how you get the ADB, zipped, as installer etc, go into the ADB Folder - Shift + Right Click and chose Open command prompt here
- Type ADB Devices to check if the Redmi is recognized - if it is, you should something like "Random AlfaNumeric Device"
- type adb reboot-bootloader - your device will reboot in fast boot mode - you will see the Fastboot written on the Display + the Fastboot Logo
- Type fastboot devices - will show same as adb devices
- Type fastboot oem device-info
- Next screen will show 3 [bootloader] lines containing "Device Tampered", "Device Unlocked" and "Charger Screen enabled"
What will interest you is the 2nd line, Device Unlocked; if it says True, means the bootloader is unlocked, if it says "False", follow the tutorial from official miui website, create account, and request your device code to be unlocked.

Trust me when I say, unlocking your device on official way it's the best way. You'll often face stuff like, after flashing, the bootloader will be re-locked. The official method will always allow you to unlock your device.

Good luck on unlocking your device and flashing.
Kind regards,

And one more question please. It says miui 8 on hm note 3 pro is suspended. But miui 8 rom is uploaded in the site. Is this version without bugs? Did you recomend it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-08-15-31-51_com.android.browser_1473334348644.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-09-08-15-31-51_com.android.browser_1473334348644.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 176
And one more question please. It says miui 8 on hm note 3 pro is suspended. But miui 8 rom is uploaded in the site. Is this version without bugs? Did you recomend it?

Miui8 for HMNote3Pro is suspended due to the fact that the developers are trying to update the android version from 5.1 lollipop to 6.0 marshmellow. There are already MM based androids for HMNote3Pro but are instable, have functionality bugs etc. Stick to the one you highlighted and you should be fine until MM is released in a stable version.

Kind regards,

Reactions: beffes