Fingerprint Unlock

Rolph Muller

Members
Dec 7, 2016
Mine has worked perfectly until today. Now it won't recognise it, not can I replace it after cancelling. I have not changed anything else. Ideas welcome.

Did you do anything recently like flash a new ROM or update one?

Tried a reboot after removing the Pin, then adding it again?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

I have just noticed one odd thing. Usually when I try to add the fingerprint, it seems to scan and vibrate OK and then tells me it failed. However on a couple of occasions it said it would try again in one hour. I'm just curious why it should be time dependent at all - as if it's trying to transmit data unsuccessfully - you can guess what I am thinking - I'm probably just being paranoid.

I did a dirty re flash by the way and that didn't help. Don't have the time or energy at the moment to do a reset/wipe.

I have just noticed one odd thing. Usually when I try to add the fingerprint, it seems to scan and vibrate OK and then tells me it failed. However on a couple of occasions it said it would try again in one hour. I'm just curious why it should be time dependent at all - as if it's trying to transmit data unsuccessfully - you can guess what I am thinking - I'm probably just being paranoid.

I did a dirty re flash by the way and that didn't help. Don't have the time or energy at the moment to do a reset/wipe.
You could try booting into TWRP:
Fix Contexts & wipe Dalvik & Cache.

You could try booting into TWRP:
Fix Contexts & wipe Dalvik & Cache.

Did that and it didn't help.
However the problem has resolved itself after I did an MIUI backup. I use the Nova launcher, and after a backup I always lose icons on the desktop for some reason. I then do a Nova restore . After all this the fingerprint lock worked perfectly. I don't pretend to understand why, but it may help anyone who has similar problems.

PS. I had also tried installing the fingerprint lock from the MIUI launcher without success in case anyone wonders.