[FIX] MIUI 13 Stable - no recent apps/launcher/"Set keeps stopping"

cartonneexpress

Members
Jul 15, 2014
I upgraded to stable MIUI 13 for K30 Pro (from MIUI 12 with alternative launcher set), but I had some troubles. The recent apps overview would not display, and I got the error message "Set keeps stopping" all the time.

I found out that this is because the MIUI Launcher did not install properly, or was corrupted. The fix is to resintall/update the launcher. It's not straight forward, as the rom does not allow tampering with system apps. Here is how I managed to do it:

1. download the latest com.miui.home package (eg from apkmirror)
2. Make sure you have an alternative launcher installed.
3. I used XiaomiADBFastbootTools to remove the corrupted launcher. (add com.miui.home to list of apps, then uninstall the package, restart the phone)
4. install the doenloaded com.miui.home package and restart
5. set MIUI launcher as standard launcher and start it. Now everything should work and you can select alternative launcher again.

Might not be the most sophisticated fix, but hope this helps someone!

Last edited:
Reactions: katerpanne
I upgraded to stable MIUI 13 for K30 Pro (from MIUI 12 with alternative launcher set), but I had some troubles. The recent apps overview would not display, and I got the error message "Set keeps stopping" all the time.

I found out that this is because the MIUI Launcher did not install properly, or was corrupted. The fix is to resintall/update the launcher. It's not straight forward, as the rom does not allow tampering with system apps. Here is how I managed to do it:

1. download the latest com.miui.home package (eg from apkmirror)
2. Make sure you have an alternative launcher installed.
3. I used XiaomiADBFastbootTools to remove the corrupted launcher. (add com.miui.home to list of apps, then uninstall the package, restart the phone)
4. install the doenloaded com.miui.home package and restart
5. set MIUI launcher as standard launcher and start it. Now everything should work and you can select alternative launcher again.

Might not be the most sophisticated fix, but hope this helps someone!
Did you try to clean all app data first?