flash stable to weekly?

chonglol

Members
May 28, 2020
I just flashed latest stable rom

if i want to try the weekly rom, what are the steps and also will i have to to reinstall everything?

Hello,

It should be possible to go from Stable to Weekly ROM because it's an update, but... you will get "only boot to TWRP" issue because latest weekly ROM for K20 Pro/Mi 9T Pro is still using an old "fingerprint build & security patch date" info from 2019-11-01 to pass SafetyNet test. And you can't "downgrade" the security patch date info. ;)

So... you will need to install an updated "fingerprint build & security patch date", here is the latest from Global "Beta" MIUI 12 (If you have a K20 Pro, it may be recognized by Google as a "Mi 9T Pro" device, not an issue at all) => TWRP_RAPHAEL_12.0.1.0_Global_ROM_info.zip

But if you wish after that to go back (from Weekly to Stable), you must "Format Data" in TWRP. :)

Last edited:
Hello,

It should be possible to go from Stable (MIUI 11) to Weekly (MIUI 12) ROM because it's an update, but... you will get "only boot to TWRP" issue because latest weekly ROM for K20 Pro/Mi 9T Pro is still using an old "fingerprint build & security patch date" info from 2019-11-01 to pass SafetyNet test. And you can't "downgrade" the security patch date info. ;)

So... you will need to install an updated "fingerprint build & security patch date", here is the latest from Global "Beta" MIUI 12 (If you have a K20 Pro, it may be recognized by Google as a "Mi 9T Pro" device, not an issue at all) => TWRP_RAPHAEL_12.0.0.8_Global_ROM_info.zip

But if you wish after that to go back (from Weekly to Stable), you must "Format Data" in TWRP. :)

Thanks, Good to know.

How about to the latest weekly MIUI 11? is there an ota that i can just download on my phone and update or will i have to flash it via twrp?

not willing to take the risk with miui12 till it gets more stable

Thanks, Good to know.

How about to the latest weekly MIUI 11? is there an ota that i can just download on my phone and update or will i have to flash it via twrp?

not willing to take the risk with miui12 till it gets more stable
You should wait for Stable MIUI 12 (available end of this month), not worth to go to latest weekly MIUI 11 from latest stable MIUI 11.

;)

Hello,

It should be possible to go from Stable to Weekly ROM because it's an update, but... you will get "only boot to TWRP" issue because latest weekly ROM for K20 Pro/Mi 9T Pro is still using an old "fingerprint build & security patch date" info from 2019-11-01 to pass SafetyNet test. And you can't "downgrade" the security patch date info. ;)

So... you will need to install an updated "fingerprint build & security patch date", here is the latest from Global "Beta" MIUI 12 (If you have a K20 Pro, it may be recognized by Google as a "Mi 9T Pro" device, not an issue at all) => TWRP_RAPHAEL_12.0.1.0_Global_ROM_info.zip

Hi I know this is an outdated post but since the headline is the same please allow me to ask you here, does flashing weekly ovr my current stable miui 12 for mi 10 Umi can be done directly without any data loss? No need to format data or wipes? Thank you in advance!

PS: Just realized this is the wrong device forum. Sorry for this, want to delete the message but can only find edit. Sorry

Hi I know this is an outdated post but since the headline is the same please allow me to ask you here, does flashing weekly ovr my current stable miui 12 for mi 10 Umi can be done directly without any data loss? No need to format data or wipes? Thank you in advance!

PS: Just realized this is the wrong device forum. Sorry for this, want to delete the message but can only find edit. Sorry
Switching branch => Format data is recommended. ;)
If you don't format data, your phone will certainly not boot to system after installing the Weekly ROM. :)

Reactions: Jackwu696