Google One detects 11 Ultra as Pixel 2 after flashing

adi518

Members
Dec 22, 2021
I unlocked my phone and flashed the latest stable EU Rom, but before doing that I backed up stuff to Xiaomi Cloud and Google Backup. I was able to restore the backup from Xiaomi Cloud, but something is acting up with Google Backup. It simply doesn't recognize the backup I did before flashing, and I think it's related to the namespace of the phone detected by Google One. Previously, it detected it as "Mi 11 Ultra" and now it's detected as "Pixel 2". I think this mismatch is what's making Google One act up and not restore my stuff. Any ideas?

Edit: I looked at "Backups" on my Google Drive. The backup is not there and that's mostly likely the issue. The naming mismatch is probably meaningless.

Last edited:
Oh, that explains! thanks. I tried Google support earlier today and they said they can run a recovery tool that might restore the lost backup. That's really unprofessional of them to have a backup vanish like that. I doubt it will work though. So far, even the new backup I made (of the phone's new state) has vanished. Super strange.

Oh, that explains! thanks. I tried Google support earlier today and they said they can run a recovery tool that might restore the lost backup. That's really unprofessional of them to have a backup vanish like that. I doubt it will work though. So far, even the new backup I made (of the phone's new state) has vanished. Super strange.
I had the same issue, I could not restore, even though I made the backup just prior to formatting.

They definitely have something going on, but their support was useless. The so-called "recovery" they ran not only did not recover that pre-ROM backup, but it also deleted the new backup I made.