Google recognized my phone as Mi Mix 2s instead of a pocophone

sushi_kun

Members
Jul 15, 2019
Flashed the new 10.3.5.0 beryllium rom yesterday and found out that Google recognizes my phone model as a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S instead of a Poco F1. I'm rooted and unlocked. Not sure what happened.. I'm pretty sure what I downloaded was beryllium. What should I do to fix this? Thank you!

You don't need to fix it. It's so that your ROM passes SafetyNet. You can ignore this.

Oh you mean magisk does this? It currently screws up my adb and there's an app that's only downloaded thru playstore..
When did I ever mention Magisk? Oh boy...
Just flash this...

When did I ever mention Magisk? Oh boy...
Just flash this...
Sorry about that, I'm a bit of a noob with miui. My bad for assuming stuff. If it's not too much of a burden, as I'm very much curious on the inner workings of this rom, does Xiaomi EU change the fingerprint (build.prop maybe?) from time to time to elude SafetyNet? Thanks in advance!

Sorry about that, I'm a bit of a noob with miui. My bad for assuming stuff. If it's not too much of a burden, as I'm very much curious on the inner workings of this rom, does Xiaomi EU change the fingerprint (build.prop maybe?) from time to time to elude SafetyNet? Thanks in advance!
Sure. As far as I know POCO's latest Stable fingerprint also passes SafetyNet, so that's what the flashable does - applies the POCO fingerprint.